Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New problem I don't get with using WiFi

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New problem I don't get with using WiFi
story97
Post New problem I don
on: March 5, 2017 (GMT)

This really bugs me.

I have cell access for both phone and data.

But since I’m using WiFi i have to connect to the adapter. if I do that, Torque doesn’t seem to know i have no web access. so no access to help, plugins, themes etc

it also makes using maps worthless since it can’t get the map data. ironically Google Maps still works fine, even connected to the adapter. So it knows, but Torque doesn’t

and why does this force me to download the themes once per session if I access them?

I have data turned on, disabled ‘WiFi only data’ yet all of this still happens?

White Ox
Post Re: New problem I don
on: March 5, 2017 (GMT)

Yes, not being able to connect to multiple wi-fi signals at the same time is a drawback of sharing data via wi-fi to your tablet, etc.

Try sharing your internet from your phone to your device via bluetooth…. it’s not at fast as wi-fi, but it will still get you to the web….. or, you could try sharing it through the USB connection of your phone.

Google maps works when offline as it now automatically downloads all the data for the area around you when you first open it…. I think anyway, I’m sure I read something about that with one of the more recent updates.

story97
Post Re: New problem I don
on: March 6, 2017 (GMT)

That’s actually a good point that i should be able to load it up without connecting to the scanner and download the map data.

Good idea. thank you! The help and themes issue is a little bit of a pain, but honestly once I install my theme I doubt I’ll change it, and there isn’t many plugins anyway so i’m probably all set there.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter