Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » How could we bring "map view" on to our PC's?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How could we bring "map view" on to our PC's?
thekow
Post How could we bring "map view" on to our PC's?
on: March 3, 2017 (GMT)

I am trying to make a converter for the torque logfiles to do the exact same thing map view does on the app.

I have used a kml converter to make a crude version of the map. But i would like it to be very similar to the torque one. (changing colors with speed and all that).

Would we need to write something in java or do this you think or can we hack something together with online tools or excel?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: How could we bring "map view" on to our PC

Hi!

The quickest way to do this is likely to write some java code to do this (and make use of the Openstreetmap java library as well for the map view, which is what the old desktop client used to do)

KML doesn’t really lend itself to doing the speed colours/type thing very well without lots and lots of hackery (there’s a limitation to the number of polylines iirc and using a polyline for a colour may make things very slow indeed, so your milage may vary on this)
– it might work, but the last time I tested trying to get it to display lines like that in google earth was about a year ago (it went a bit chuggy when the trips got a big)

thekow
Post Re: How could we bring "map view" on to our PC

Hi IAN.

Thanks for Replying. I have had the same issue i managed to get the data on to maps using a set of various online tools for testing but once you have about 2000 points on the map it chugs. Not really ideal but it works. I also accidently made a map where it had arrows for the direction of the car.

My plan was to pretty much copy what is in the app. I want to be able to overlay lines with data. So you could choose what ever parameter you wanted over the track. So i guess the way you would do it for the CSV is have time -> long and lat then some code to pick out the columns you want to display.

In my travels i saw gpsvisualizer tool online does the coloured line thing. So it seems very possible. I guess i will just have to keep plugging along. I would release it if i can get something that reliably works.

Thanks for the advice :)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter