Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Odometer fraud?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Odometer fraud?
offenbach80
Post Odometer fraud?
on: March 1, 2017 (GMT)

I have a 2013 Kia Rio with 59212 kms on the odometer. When checking the different sensors available in Torque Pro, I noticed one that said ”distance travelled since codes cleared” and it stated 60912 kms. Could this just be a glitch in the software or could this be a sign of odometer rollback? Does anyone have any suggestions for ways or tools to double-check the mileage on my car? The blutooth adaptor I’m using is a generic chinese clone bought on Ebay, but all the other sensor readings are accurate, so…

I bought the car used and certified from a Kia dealer in Montreal, but the car came from an Enterprise rental agency in Ontario, which makes me even more suspicious. The Carfax report the dealer showed me when I bought the car stated nothing really.

Thanks in advance for any info.

story97
Post Re: Odometer fraud?
on: March 1, 2017 (GMT)

seems more than coincidental that its exactly 1k difference. But taking off 1000 km would do little to nothing in resale IMO (I was a car buyer for 17 years).

the average kM per year is 24,030 which is just a hair under 15,000 Miles

So cutting 1k wouldn’t change the wholesale/retail value much if at all

IMO it just isn’t a big enough difference to warrant breaking pretty serious laws.

offenbach80
Post Re: Odometer fraud?
on: March 5, 2017 (GMT)

Actually, the difference is 1700 kms more than the odometer reading. Not much, but what has got me interested is that if there was a rollback (after a MIL reset), the “distance travalled since codes cleared” was not affected. So I’m wondering if there is a total mileage sensor somewhere in there and if so, how can I access it.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter