Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Coolant sensor voltage PID?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coolant sensor voltage PID?
mazzerman
Post Coolant sensor voltage PID?
on: February 28, 2017 (GMT)

Is there a PID available that will give the actual voltage at the 5v signal wire on the Coolant temperature sensor (ECT) as well as the temp?

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Coolant sensor voltage PID?

That is a ‘loaded’ question. Depends on what kind of vehicle you’re talking about and what PIDS happen to be available on it.

If you are talking about a FORD F150 5.4L Triton engine like mine – it doesn’t even have an ECT sensor AT ALL. Ford uses the CHT sensor – together with other parameters I’m sure – to calculate ECT. Ect is output on OBDII PID# 0005 in Degrees C.

Cylinder Head Temperature is output on OBDII PID# 1624 (Normalized, that is dampened somewhat to keep it from swinging rapidly with changes in acceleration / deceleration, etc.) You can ALSO read CHT Volts at OBDII PID# 1685 in Volts. (Formula to convert THAT to degrees F = (65535-((A*256)+B))/94.875 .

But all that is worthless engine if you are dealing with a different type vehicle.

—————

mazzerman
Post Re: Coolant sensor voltage PID?

Thanks for the reply
It’s on a 1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5 V6 and has an ECT and can take readings with a DVOM but would prefer to see what the ECU is seeing to be more accurate

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter