Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ford Misfires

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ford Misfires
BadFish523
Post Ford Misfires
on: February 24, 2017 (GMT)

I have an 07 F150 and I use my Torque Pro as much as I possibly can. I have the Ford PIDs added ect. One thing I cant figure out is if I put the individual cylinder misfire counts on a dashboard they don’t show any misfires. Does this setup only show at the moment of a misfire? If I run the test results it will show if there is a misfire but not on the counters on the dashboard. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Capp777
Post Re: Ford Misfires

It may be those pids work on older Fords.
You may need to rely on the mode 6 TID 53?
and others.

BadFish523

Dang that’s what I use now but since the PCM was reset then I have to complete an OBD2 drive cycle to get it to read those. I don’t know what it takes to complete them but it took quite a while last time. Thank you for the reply.

F-150Torqued

@BadFish523

I just -this morning – posted a response concerning this very issue that you might find helpful since the individual cylinder counts are not applicable to our trucks. http://www.f150forum.com/f4/5-4-rough-idle-372760/index2/#post5200962

Some other very good PID’s that I have dug up that you might find interesting. They relate to a common problem with F150s having to do with Variable Cam Timing. I posted a lengthy description with formulas and dashboard examples here: http://www.f150forum.com/f4/final-repair-guide-5-4-cam-phaser-tick-knock-sound-141266/index304/#post5133357

Hope this helps you get more out of Torque Pro.

———–

BadFish523

Haha hey Torqued! This StephenG from the F150 forum LOL! I was just posting here hoping someone here might have some extra insight. I should have known you’d be a member here too! Thanks Fella!

F-150Torqued
on: February 25, 2017 (GMT)

Glad to see ya guy. Best wishes.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter