Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque for Android Auto?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque for Android Auto?
Sloppy
Post Torque for Android Auto?
on: January 25, 2017 (GMT)

Ian, given any thought to a version of Torque for Android Auto? Would love to see Torque on my cars 8″ display

:)

farlakes
Post Re: Torque for Android Auto?
on: January 25, 2017 (GMT)

Android Auto is supposed to mirror the screen from your phone/tablet.

Sloppy
on: January 26, 2017 (GMT)

AA pretty much disables the phone in the sense that you can’t do anything with the phone except through AA. You have to quit AA to essentially get your phone “back”. This is because AA is all about taking your attention away from the phone, take it out of your hand.

I don’t see how it mirrors the phone display to the car. I’ve not gotten mine to do that yet. From what I understand it would require a Torque compatible AA app, assuming that app could pass Google’s fairly strick qualification rules.

z747pilot

Quote from Sloppy on January 25, 2017
Ian, given any thought to a version of Torque for Android Auto? Would love to see Torque on my cars 8″ display

:)
I have an Android head unit on my 2004 Touareg, and the Torque Pro with a .00 ebay Elm 327. Works like charm.

Retired 747 captain. Background degrees in Aeronautical, mechanical and computer science.

Sloppy

well, how exactly do you do that captain? I would love to have TP on my AA car screen

Sloppy

I suspect you’re just running TP on the Android unit. I’m talking about running TP with Android Auto.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter