Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Check Proto at startup triggers dash errors

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Check Proto at startup triggers dash errors
firewater88
Post Check Proto at startup triggers dash errors
on: January 24, 2017 (GMT)

Running latest version of Torque on my Nexus 7 in my Ford Flex w/ Ecoboost, running off a OBDlink MX adapter. I have the tablet setup to boot when sees power and load Torque after boot and then shut down after 5 min within loosing power.
So, when it boots in and loads Torque and shows Checking Proto in the upper left and scrolls through many listings, I get a chime on the dash and shows Service Advance Trac error. Once Torque connects to the ECU, all errors go away and never come back.
Is there any way to stop this? Kinda freaks me out when it happens. I dont get this with other apps.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Check Proto at startup triggers dash errors
on: January 24, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

It’s an issue with the adapter searching for the protocol when the vehicle is starting the ECUs up and checking comms (should not cause any permanent issues as an ignition reset should clear them)

Go into the vehicle profile, then select the advanced settings and in the protocol selection, choose “Automatic – Fast” as the protocol selection (this will scan for protocols in a different mode that will cause the issue to not happen anymore, though it may work on older vehicles (pre 2004))

Hope this helps!

firewater88
Post Re: Check Proto at startup triggers dash errors
on: January 31, 2017 (GMT)

Thanks. This seemed to work. I have been remote starting my car so it’s usually booted by the time I get in, been cold here…
It does connect faster now too, thanks!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter