Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » USB wiki update or CH340 support?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USB wiki update or CH340 support?
yurtesen
Post USB wiki update or CH340 support?
on: January 20, 2017 (GMT)

Hello,

I am trying to use torque with an android car radio. I bought the pro version to use the USB and what a difference compared to lite version user interface! I didnt know that :)

Anyway, back to subject… I had a cheap CH340 cable and it didnt work. I am not sure exactly what is the problem. It is possible to download a “demo” app from wch.cn and with that installed, android asks do I want to start the demo app when I connect the cable.

But for torque I get a message roughly saying, do I want to allow torque to access this usb device, but it does not start torque and torque says device not found.

So I have two requests/ideas.

1- The USB section in wiki is very short and unclear, would it be possible to add a list of known to work chipsets etc? Because I would gladly order a cable which I know that works, they are so cheap. The problem is that I am not sure what will work and what wont… (BTW if the cables I order work, I can send you their details if you want?)

2- Here is the link to source code and apk of the demo app from wch.cn -> http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_ANDROID_ZIP.html

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.008 seconds.

Follow me on twitter