Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Very dark theme request

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Very dark theme request
middlenamefrank
Post Very dark theme request
on: January 19, 2017 (GMT)

I have a bit of an unusual theme request. I use a Note 3 docked in a Qi holder on my dashboard. It’s a great setup, quick in and out, no cabling to step on or mess around with. The only problem is that the Qi doesn’t supply quite enough current to run the app continuously, so the phone slowly discharges while I drive. Since the Note 3 has an OLED display, only pixels that are turned on draw power, i.e. a black pixel uses no power. I created an all-black png for the background, and that helped, but I’m still losing charge slowly. So if I could find a theme that’s minimalist in nature, using as few pixels as possible, I may be able to get under the threshold and charge the phone instead of discharging it. I’d want the features to be nice and bright, for clear daylight use, and not invisibly thin, but minimal. I’m a lousy coder and an even worse artist, so I’m wondering if any of you people that enjoy creating themes would like to accept my challenge?

thekow
Post Re: Very dark theme request
on: January 19, 2017 (GMT)

You need to get a better charger or optimize the battery use. A dark theme on touque wont help.

middlenamefrank
on: January 20, 2017 (GMT)

Wow. You clearly don’t know what a Qi charger is, or understand the difference between an OLED and LCD display, so why did you respond to my question? When I need something mansplained to me, I’ll let you know.

farlakes
on: January 24, 2017 (GMT)

A- what do you need?
B- I thought the black pixels were the energy-eating ones.

tdodd
on: January 25, 2017 (GMT)

I had a Note 3 (still have it, but now replaced by an S7) and I used an Anker 2 Amp hard wired charger with that phone and all was good.

Now with my S7 I use this Qi charger in the car with the same Anker charger supplying it….

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NICHY88

With this combination I can charge the S7 phone while running Torque in the foreground or background and also CoPilot sat nav, which itself is quite power hungry. All that is through a Spigen Neo Hybrid case.

As it happens I do use a dark theme for Torque and also CoPilot. I’m sure these things help, but maybe the problem is more to do with the charging setup you have. I presume your Note 3 has an after market charging coil and perhaps it is not the best at the task. Or maybe your Qi charger or its power supply are less efficient.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.

Follow me on twitter