Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque automatically turned check engine light off, want it back on

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque automatically turned check engine light off, want it back on
k0ssick
Post Torque automatically turned check engine light off, want it back on
on: January 17, 2017 (GMT)

Ok so I had my light come on and I popped in my BAFX ODB II and opened torque to check the error code, came up a p2015 intake manifold error, which is covered up to 120k miles thankfully (I did the web search to check it out).

I wanted to know what was wrong before I brought it in, all I literally did was open the app, check the error, then back out of the app and the light went away…

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the light to reappear for when I bring my car in?? Has anyone else had this problem?
Or maybe a way to make the car rescan for fault codes to make the light come back on?

I’m using Torque Lite on a Galaxy S7 edge and the car is a 2012 VW CC if that helps at all.

Thank you!

alhefner
Post Re: Torque automatically turned check engine light off, want it back on

Sounds like the code got cleared. Nothing you can do to get it back except use the car until the vehicle’s computer decides to set the code and turn on the CEL. Torque won’t set DTC codes.

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Torque automatically turned check engine light off, want it back on

I guess you could ‘unplug’ your Bank1 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor momentarily and get it back before taking it to the dealer – but that would be a little cheaky. (Lol, just kidding). Plus – if you plugged it back in the DTC might go away again.

But the PCM will clear many of those type DTC’s if the condition clears up, but I do not think Torque did it.

The description of DTC 2015 for VolksWagon is “Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance – Bank1”. I’d unplug and clean the connector with contact cleaner (KEY OFF) and re-plug it a few times. See if the DTC comes back. If it does, get Freeze Frame data, email it to yourself and take it to the mechanic.

————-

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter