Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » No ... MENU on Manage custom OBD2 PIDs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No ... MENU on Manage custom OBD2 PIDs
cdalzell
Post No ... MENU on Manage custom OBD2 PIDs
on: January 15, 2017 (GMT)

I recently purchased and downloaded the Torque Pro version from Google Play Store; Everything works great except for when I try to add some custom PIDs (GM). When I navigate to that screen it indicates to press the MENU button (…) in upper right of screen, but I don’t have those dots on that page.
Any suggestions; running Android 4.4.4.

Thanks
Colin

F-150Torqued
Post Re: No ... MENU on Manage custom OBD2 PIDs
on: January 15, 2017 (GMT)

Doesn’t your phone itself have a ‘menu’ button?

————

cdalzell
on: January 16, 2017 (GMT)

I have purchased a ‘carputer’ which has no external buttons of any kind; everything is done via the touch screen; it comes with built-in back up camera; AM/FM radio; bluetooth phone interface along with being a full android ‘tablet’.
All apps work flawlessly including Torque except for the couple of pages in settings which rely on the … menu for actions.
It seems to me that there is some issue with Torque not properly sensing the screen size and hence the … menu button is off the screen to the right.
Any help greatly appreciated.

thx

Capp777

You might try long pressing some of your
keys.

Settings can be accessed at the end of the
Adapter Status icon functions.

Pressing the profile name area will take
you to the vehicle profile editor.

Pressing the “gear” symbol will also bring
up some of the menus.

Hope these work for you.

Edit:

(and the three dots that you are already
aware for some devices).

F-150Torqued

Torque doesn’t employ the ‘three dots’ menu in the upper right corner of the screen in the “Manage Extra Sensors/PIDs” scroll screen. It relies on the device ‘Menu’ button to Add custom PID, Add Predefined List, Export List and Clear list. I can’t imagine an Android device (phone or otherwise) that doesn’t have at least an active spot on the screen for functions like “Home”, “Back”, “Menu” and so forth. Soooo many applications rely on those functions. ????

If it doesn’t – give us the brand/model of this ‘Carputer’ so Torque Pro users can avoid it.

—————-

cdalzell

Torque does indeed use the 3 dot menu in Extra Sensors/PID; I use it in my Nexus 7 tablet as well; there is no menu button on it either that works in Torque.

F-150Torqued

Well I’ll be damned! I have used Torque for two or three years now (on an HTC EVO3d). It happens to have a hardware ‘Menu’ button and I guess Torque is _smart_ enough to know I don’t need them little three dots (…) menu. But it darned sure aint’ got them ANYWHERE. -OR there may be an option setting somewhere I’ve never stumbled across or needed.

Nevertheless, thanks @cdalzell for correcting my BAD – for the benefit of all those other Torque users who may not have a hardware menu button.

————

cdalzell

No problem; though with your explanation there must be some setting in the system that tells Torque that there is a MENU button.
It seems therefore that my carputer might be using the wrong setting and Torque thinks there is a MENU button when there isn’t; need to do more research….
thanks
Colin

cdalzell

Another thought; is it possible to create a copy of the Torque Pro app with the GM PIDs already loaded and install that in lieu of the generic one from Google Play Store; can this be done from an existing copy or do I have to ask the developer to consider this?

Or perhaps another setting within torque to FORCE the … menu to be used.

Just trying to come up with a solution for me (and perhaps others as well).

F-150Torqued
on: January 17, 2017 (GMT)

^^ Already proven you are above my paygrade. Lol – But I’ve seen this subject discussed. https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=2532.0

————-

cdalzell
Post Re: No ... MENU on Manage custom OBD2 PIDs WORK AROUND
on: January 17, 2017 (GMT)

FYI
Figured out a work around to get the GM sensors loaded: exported the GM PIDs from my Nexus 7 Torque Pro app to my Google Drive; on the new device click on Google Drive and use SEND button to send csv generated PIDs file to Torque.
Works like a charm! Yeah!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Follow me on twitter