Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track Recorder Unable to record Dual Camera on Galaxy S7

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Track Recorder Unable to record Dual Camera on Galaxy S7
Icem4n
Post Track Recorder Unable to record Dual Camera on Galaxy S7
on: January 5, 2017 (GMT)

Hello i have an S7 and im unable to display both cameras in Track Recorder.
If i select Back camera to main screen the thumbnail secondary camera appears Offline.
If i disable the Back Camera then the main area appears offline and the secondary cam goes Online .

Am i doing something wrong ?

FYI: I’m able to record dual camera with phone’s camera app but no with Torque Track Recorder

Any hint? Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Track Recorder Unable to record Dual Camera on Galaxy S7
on: January 24, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

No you’re not doing anything wrong!

Unfortunately the S7 does not have the capability to use both cameras simultaneously using the standard android camera api

Samsung have done something non-standard in their camera app that overlays the second camera before sending it as a single camera, to get dual camera in their app, however they don’t release how to do that publicly and it’s not a standard API way to do it (it’s basically something samsung baked themselves)

The LG handsets and some sony handsets do however have the ability to use both cameras at the same time. The only way to use 2 cameras on the Samsung handsets is currently to use a USB camera in addition to the device front or back camera

caspertorque
on: June 12, 2017 (GMT)

I have a s8+ which does support dual camera but not through tracking recorder. there is a app from Samsung called dual camera so yes, dual camera works. just sucks track recording wont allow it. i need it because i need to record what passengers do in my vehicle.

new to all car tech.

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 12, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

That uses samsings proprietary APIs (which basically use their own chip to do picture in picture on the main camera picture – so the app only sees one camera)

Unfortunately Samsung haven’t made this API public, so it’s not possible – if someone managed to reverse engineer it then that’s great, though it’s not public and not a ‘standard’

Sony did it properly (as did LG) and as a result, using the Android standard camera API it can correctly see 2 cameras, however samsungs can’t as they don’t become visible as 2 seperate cameras, but instead ‘merge’ the picture into the ‘first’ camera and I currently have no way to access that proprietary(read: a custom way the manufacturer decided to do it instead of the android way) to get it to work

It sucks, I know, as there’s a lot of S7’s out there!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter