Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » fuel trim info

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: fuel trim info
speedysloth
Post fuel trim info
on: December 31, 2016 (GMT)

Hello all, just purchased an elm327 for my veh. trying to narrow down the cause of a lean code on bank2. I downloaded the free torque lite on my phone, but don’t see anything about fuel trim readings. does the paid version supply that? Thanks

F-150Torqued
Post Re: fuel trim info
on: January 1, 2017 (GMT)

Torque Pro definitely does do that. With the ELM327 in hand, you are only Four dollars & ninety-five cents away from one of best code readers around. GET PRO.

I would go one step further. 99% chance a lean code is a vacuum leak. There is no better, faster, simpler method of identifying a vacuum leak than monitor Fuel Trims & O2 sensors on both banks while using an “un-light” Propane Torch and blow propane all around vacuum lines, break booster hoses, PVC valve, bottom ‘O’ rings on injectors, around / under intake manifold and even the OIL filler spout.

You hit a vacuum leak, fuel trim and O2 sensor on that bank will immediately go NUTS.

—————

speedysloth
Post Re: fuel trim info
on: January 2, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from F-150Torqued on January 1, 2017
Torque Pro definitely does do that. With the ELM327 in hand, you are only Four dollars & ninety-five cents away from one of best code readers around. GET PRO.

I would go one step further. 99% chance a lean code is a vacuum leak. There is no better, faster, simpler method of identifying a vacuum leak than monitor Fuel Trims & O2 sensors on both banks while using an “un-light” Propane Torch and blow propane all around vacuum lines, break booster hoses, PVC valve, bottom ‘O’ rings on injectors, around / under intake manifold and even the OIL filler spout.

You hit a vacuum leak, fuel trim and O2 sensor on that bank will immediately go NUTS.

—————

54371019 thanks for responding. eill purchase the torque pro as suggested.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter