Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » IAC% and TPS voltage

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IAC% and TPS voltage
christofurg
Post IAC% and TPS voltage
on: November 24, 2016 (GMT)

How do I add IAC% (idle air control percent) and throttle position sensor voltage to Torque Pro? This is for a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria.

Capp777
Post Re: IAC% and TPS voltage

These threads may offer some help…

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=4123.0

https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=3903.0

christofurg

Thank you – followed instructions written by Gambalunga and will test and post results.

Still looking for / working on TPS voltage.

F-150Torqued
on: November 25, 2016 (GMT)

@ christofurg

You did not mention engine, so I’m not sure all my (extensive) efforts digging for Ford PIDs will be helpful, as all my research as been on a 2004 F150 2wd w/ 5.4L 3v modular engine. [[[As I’m sure you know that PIDs are highly unique to vehicle / model / configuration. ]]] Hopefully, the ‘modular’ configuration will make us close enough to be applicable.

Not sure why you are interested in TP V, as there are numerous Accelerator / Throttle Position PIDs involved in the ‘drive by wire’ system. Some are in a sense more useful. But that is not for me to say – I will instead list what information I have gathered and indicate those that “WORK” on my 2004 Truck.

0045: (proper Acronym UNK) – Relative Throttle Position, (%), formula A*100/255, works on mine

004C: (proper acronym UNK) – Commanded Throttle Position, (%), formula A*100/255, works on mine

0914: APP1 – Accelerator Pedal Position 1, (units UNK), (Formula UNK), works on mine, typical reading 1027 hex

0915: APP2 – Accelerator Pedal Position 2, (units UNK), (Formula UNK), works on mine, typical reading 05F5 hex

0916: APP3 – Accelerator Pedal Position 3, (Units UNK), (Formula UNK), works on mine, typical reading 03D4 hex

091A: TP D – Throttle Position Desired, (Deg.) – Formula ((A*256)+B)*(100/8192), works on mine

1125: TP MODE – Throttle Position Mode (C/T, P/T, WOT) Formula A, works on mine, IDK what it means, reading FF Hex

1133: TP – Throttle Position (%), Formula (A*100)/255 – works on mine

1154: TP V – THROT POS BEFORE FMEM SUBSTITUTIONS [A/D COUNTS] (Volts) – – does not respond on my veh. IDK what ‘FMEM SUBSTITUTIONS’ means but it appears twice in my research – here and in reference to Mass Air Flow Volts.

1169: TP REL – Lowest Steady State TP Voltage Since Engine Start (RATCH) (Volts), IDK what it means, does NOT respond on mine

1340: APP -Accelerator Pedal Position (Volts), does not respond on mine

1629: TPB – Secondary Throttle Position (Volts), does not respond on mine

16DA: MFF TP – Throttle Position at timeof Misfire (Volts) – Formula ????, works on mine, reading once was 2307 Hex.

—-

The These are the Accelerator / Throttle position PIDs that I have identified by research / hacking / digging into my 2004 F150 5.4L 3v. They MAY or MAY NOT include all those ‘standard’ ones that Torque will read. I wish Torque would let us view PID and formula of ALL PIDs. I ran a FULL Torque Scan, took that list of about 220 PIDs that actually respond, put them in an excel worksheet and proceeded to try to figure out what they are. The things I do not know are identified as UNK.

Hope this helps.

—————-

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Torque lets you see all the PID information it has (when it has it) in the settings, manage extended PIDs part of the app

Torque scan merely sees what PIDs respond. There is no equation/scaling/unit information contained in the responses from the ECU (otherwise it would be a doddle to add PIDs and all of them would be added!)

The equations (etc) have to be worked out, or found online/from service manuals – one of the ways OBD2 works

F-150Torqued

Hi Lan

Thanks for the quick response – and the usual good support.

Im am familiar with > settings > manage extended PIDs part of the app. Am I wrong in thinking that they are ONLY the extended PIDs. Like before adding the Ford Extended PIDs, does the list contain ALL the PIDS that appear in the selection screen for adding gauges? I did not think so – (understanding many are calculated values and not expected to be available for editing).

Also, Is there any way for user to long press a gauge on the dashboard and determine “WHAT PID” it is connected to. Occasionally in testing I forget which one I’m testing and have to start over!!!! [not that I expect you to accommodate all eccentric users like me]

—————–

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The ‘finding out’ thing is actually a good idea. I’ll see if I can add that in an update into the menu somewhere without cluttering stuff up as it’s something that’s probably ‘missing’

Yes, quite a few are calculated or are phone sensors(accelerometer, gps) or a combination of both, etc,etc though for the list of mode 01 pids that’s in the app have a look at wikipedia (which I’m sure you’ve already found): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs as most of those are in there

F-150Torqued

Thanks again

Yes I’m familiar with that site and have beat the internet & forums to death to fill in about 95% of the 220 or so PIDs that respond on my vehicle. Some extremely interesting stuff in there !!! I will share it with this forum as I perfect it and am confident it is accurate enough so as to not embarrass myself.

———-

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.038 seconds.

Follow me on twitter