Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Theming engine requests

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Theming engine requests
Vasilich
Post Theming engine requests
on: November 11, 2016 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
As I am happy now with (long awaited) PID overrides, and can use the full power of Torque(Pro) :) , now I am trying to make the dashboard to look as I want (i.e. theming). And I have realized, that there is not really much to customize on per-PID basis – I see only 7 settings that can be configured for particular PIDs:
dialStartAngle_PID, dialStopAngle_PID, renameTitle_PID (marke das „try to avoid use“), textRadius_PID, graphLineColour_PID, hideTicks_PID and dial_background_PID.png.

It would be much more customizable, if following settings were also PID-aware:
displayTickColour, displayTextTitleColour, displayTextValueColour, displayIndicatorColour, dialNeedleColour, font, dialStepsDivisor.

Moreover, I had some ideas how to make Torque dashboard really looking like car dashboard of some cars. And what I miss:
• Display of kinda progressbar – it is often used to display tank fuel level, current LPK, etc. Yes we have Bar display – but it ‘s display is triangle-shaped, and it would be much nearer to real look if we would have rectangle-shaped display with possibility to set ratio width:height (to get e.g. long thin display) and direction (left/top/right/down). Surely with possibility to set separate colours for fill, edges, ticks, names.
Ideally the colour dependent on value would also be of much use – e.g. colour 1 – for values below 50% of scale, colour 2 – for values between 51 and 85%, and colour 3 – for 86 to 100% of scale, but this is probably too much for 1st iteration.
• Possibility to create own pictograms – kind of lamp imitation (e.g. fan on/off, or current gearbox state, or brake pressed, or cooling fluid overheating symbol, etc). I can imagine it as on/off display with 2 pictures defined, e.g. symbol_0_PID.png and symbol_1_PID.png, that can be shown instead of on/off with title. In that case (when both of pictures present) Torque just should show either symbol_0 or symbol_1 – without any title/value/colour highlighting.

Would you consider implementing these wishes? I hope those will be useful for many people.

Best regards, Igor

Vasilich
Post Re: Theming engine requests
on: November 15, 2016 (GMT)

Ian,
any comment on this?

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 16, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Yep- will try to fit in :) – have to ensure backward compatibility so some things can’t change

Vasilich
on: November 17, 2016 (GMT)

Thanks in advance

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter