Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Disconnections, pids rate drop

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disconnections, pids rate drop
-vincent
Post Disconnections, pids rate drop
on: November 9, 2016 (GMT)

I’ve uploaded a couple of debug info. I would love to understand what is the cause of frequent disconnections from the car and the drop in pids/s from about 13 down to 3 or less. The two issues are not always concomitant.

Also, I have pids like {r4:5} no longer working…

Thanks for supporting

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Disconnections, pids rate drop
on: November 9, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The issue appears to be to do with this command:
‘atcra7e8’

Apparently your adapter is having issues after the ATCRA is issued (it stops responding to any commands at all). When it happens appears to be random, but it always stops after this command is issued. Very likely to be a clone adapter with a faulty ‘copy’ of the original ELM firmware

{r4:5} isn’t something that’s recognised by the equation parser (I’m assuming you’re looking for bitwise stuff?) the format is {A:5} or {B:5} ‘Rx’ isn’t supported by it, yet

-vincent
on: November 10, 2016 (GMT)

ok. thanks.
{r4:5} was working up to (probably) previous release… may I have it back?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Yes – I’ll get it working in the beta for next weeks (probably monday’s) update

-vincent

great, thanks!

For the other issue: i need atcra5e8 to use the extra pids, then I’m forced to use atcra7e8 as stop command, otherwise the standard pids don’t work.
I imagine all these continuous start and stop commands (before and after all of my special pids) reduces the speed, and probably play a role in the disconnections and drop of pids/s.
It would make sense to arrange all of the special pids (requiring atcra5e8 before and atcra7e8 after) to use only one start and one stop command… or does torque already do so?

-vincent
on: November 18, 2016 (GMT)

Ian,
I hope I succeeded yesterday to upload a new debug info, where I lost pids rate after a disconnection.
Then I toggled bluetooth and also disconnected and reconnected the OBD adapter. No recovery of the pids rate.

That’s why I tend to believe it’s not a faulty adapter, as the only wy to recover is to quit and restart torque.

Thanks to look into this when possible

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 18, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

If torque is repeatedly disconnected from an adapter after it stops, it automatically throttles back the request rate (due to the adapter being faulty) in order to prevent repeat occurances

Also, if there are excessive NO DATA replies from the adpater, then this means that the adapter has waited for it’s full timeout before giving up waiting for a reply. This will also impact the PID retrieval rate.

PIDs that respond have a quick return time from the adapter.

PIDs that do not respond cause the adapter itself to wait until it times out waiting for a reply – there’s a *lot* of NO DATA requests in the debug for AA pids

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter