Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » OBD2 on Japanese Cars

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: OBD2 on Japanese Cars
fascar228
Post Re: OBD2 on Japanese Cars
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

when i go to vehicle profile at the bottom I see”preferred OBD2 Protocol”
Can u please be more specific?

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 13, 2013 (GMT)

Yes – it’s the last text box just above the ‘cancel’ and ok’ buttons.

fascar228

Hi,

The last box on my torque/vehicle profile is “preferred OBD2 protocol” below this is delete and save….

application version is 1.5.60

Thanks piemmm

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

That is a very old version. You should always update to the latest version that is distributed on Google Play – updates are always free once you have purchased the app

Torque is only distributed on Google Play.

fascar228

How do I update?

frodus

go to google play app store, find torque (or look at your installed programs) and click UPDATE.

fascar228
on: March 14, 2013 (GMT)

Hi piemmm,

When I go to google play and search for Torque, it says”Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car)…installed.

When I click on the torque link it says ” Uninstall & Open ”

Where do I look for updates….does not show that option

frodus
on: March 14, 2013 (GMT)

if it says that, then it’s already updated….

can you check again the version of torque you’ve got installed?

If that doesn’t work, uninstall it, and reinstall it, that will use the latest version for install.

fascar228
on: March 15, 2013 (GMT)

Dear All,

I uninstalled the previous torque app.
Re-installed it again….now I have ver. 1.6.36

It now has that feature to add the strings..

My car is JDM toyota vitz…its 1KR-FE engine.

Using the above strings…is NOT working can anyone help?

Brite23RUS
on: March 21, 2013 (GMT)

Hi! Sorry for my english ))
I have the following problem. Car tooyta mark x grx120 ISO 15765-4 CAN.
1. In automatic connection Torque defines a protocol It’s OK.
2. Connected to the OBD2 adapter OK.
3. Don’t connected to the ECU. But calibration determines the vehicle ID and plagin Torque Scan can scan PID. And i traing write caustom configuration string does not work.
ATZ
ATE0
ATSP6
ATAL
ATD0
ATSH7E0
ATCRA000007E8 or ATCRA7E8
ATST10
ATSW00

What is the problem when connecting to ECU? If it helps, I know exactly address ECU: 10, address test: F0, request address: 33.
Help please.

Moba
on: June 27, 2013 (GMT)

Unbelievable!!!

After more than a Year trying to figure out how to make Torque works with a brazilian Toyota Corolla Fielder 2008, just found the answer in this topic!!! Really thank you all folks!!!

I just bought the paid version and added the initialization string!

Note: I bought 3 (THREE!!!) ODB modules, thinking that the problem was the module… All then worked on my wifes Honda Fit 2009 but none respondend to my Toyota. It is JOBD!!!

Regards,

Marcos

Mr.Lopes
on: July 8, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from Moba on June 27, 2013
Unbelievable!!!

After more than a Year trying to figure out how to make Torque works with a brazilian Toyota Corolla Fielder 2008, just found the answer in this topic!!! Really thank you all folks!!!

Note: I bought 3 (THREE!!!) ODB modules, thinking that the problem was the module… All then worked on my wifes Honda Fit 2009 but none respondend to my Toyota. It is JOBD!!!

Regards,

Marcos

Dear Marcos, I’m a Brazilian too!

What was the Custom Init you used for your Brazilian Corolla Fielder? I have a Corolla Xei 2003 and don’t works!!!

Regards, Mr.Marcelo.Lopes

Toyota Corolla ALTIS 15 – Brazil
Torque Pro + Samsung J6

Hikaru Sorano
on: September 9, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from MR.Lopes on July 8, 2013
Quote from Moba on June 27, 2013
Unbelievable!!!

Regards,

Marcos

Dear Marcos, I’m a Brazilian too!

What was the Custom Init you used for your Brazilian Corolla Fielder? I have a Corolla Xei 2003 and don’t works!!!

Regards, Mr.Marcelo.Lopes

Marcos, I have good news for you.
I tested in a Corolla Seg 2007 (made in brazil) and it worked fine.
You have to add this initialization string and protocol:

ATSH8213F1\nATIB96\nATIIA13
and
OBD2 protocol ISO 14230-4 (5b init, 10.4k baud)

This will connect it to the ecu.

Cheers
AB

PS: Thanks to all that investigated about this and found the solutions.

Vulkan
on: September 12, 2013 (GMT)

I don’t have time right at the moment but has anyone tested these on any Mazda’s?

I can connect to my ODB2 adapter but can’t connect to the ECU :(
I was able to pull a few things from another diagnostic that showed the voltage etc so there is some communication and data flow but no connection to the ECU.

I have the PLX Kiwi 2 Bluetooth and my cars a 2004 Mazda RX8

if anyone has had any luck with Mazda’s or know what might be the issue with my car I would be most grateful.

dimass322
on: November 13, 2013 (GMT)

Hello all.? I can connect to my ODB2 adapter, but can’t connect to the ECU. tell me how to resolve the situation. corolla fielder 2005

henrygray
on: December 3, 2013 (GMT)

Hi All,
My car is a JDM Toyota Vitz 2010 ksp90, I have been using a vgate elm327 BT module with a generic chinese android tab, and the only app that works is Hobdrive using a protocol called Toyota JDM CAN Mode 21 with the ELM init string like this –
ATSP6;ATAL;ATSH7E0;ATCRA7E8;ATST32;ATSW00
and MPG method : MAP Sensor

It would be really excellent if the Torque developers can implement JDM protocols similar to Hobdrive as Hobdrive’s UI is (to put it lightly) utter crap. I couldn’t customise it and it feels really shoddy.
Torque on the other hand is perfect but is really dodgy with JDM vehicles. JDM vehicles are imported and used extensively in Australia, New Zealand and many other Asian and South East Asian, African and not to mention American Countries.

You could really open up a huge new market for your app. A lot of my friends have been struggling with various JDM models and various apps but only Hobdrive worked.

Please PLEASE implement JDM protocols in Torque!

Thanks

mattf
on: January 7, 2014 (GMT)

Thread bump!

Just started re-using torque on a 99 supra using the following string settings:

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

taken from this site: http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/01/2jzgte-vvti-obd-scanning-and-information/

Anyway it seems to work fine except when I try to add a display, then when I get to the add sensor menu it trips a fault code, goes into limp mode until I restart the car, also it loses the connection at the same time. Any ideas?

DavidG
on: January 10, 2014 (GMT)

I have 3 Japanese cars and would like resource to know if they are compliant. As Torque connects to the bluetooth but says it can’t communicate w/ the vehicles ECU.

My vehicles are 2005 Subaru Imprezza WRX STi, 2004 Honda Pilot, 1999 Mazda Miata.

I tried this random string, ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

but I honestly have no idea how to know what i may need. It may be that my bluetooth reader that had worked on our 01 Honda CRV died. I don’t have the car anymore so I am guessing at this point.

mr boom
on: August 18, 2014 (GMT)

just tested it and will test further but this custom init string looks like it works on my rav4 2001. :-)

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

jonevans81
on: August 26, 2014 (GMT)

Hi I have a japanese a 1998 toyota altezza iv managed to get torque to connect to my ecu with init ATSH8213F1\nATIB96\nATIIA13 but will not let me read fault codes as it throws me out and won’t connect again unless I disconnect the OBD is there something iv missed??

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.108 seconds.

Follow me on twitter