Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » OBD2 on Japanese Cars

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: OBD2 on Japanese Cars
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: OBD2 on Japanese Cars
on: April 23, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

If the vehicle is OBD2 (any variant) then Torque will work with it. Which means that it could be your adapter. Also, beware what dealers say as some may be mis-informed

zafar
on: April 24, 2012 (GMT)

[op edit: yes I do, sorry]

piemmm
Administrator

To follow on, on vehicles that were originally sold in Japan, that support no Mode 1 PIDs, you will be able to pull no sensor information (using any OBD2 app, not just Torque – as this is a limitation imposed by the manufacturer) – torque will pop up a message dialog stating this when you connect

However you will likely in most cases still be able to read and clear faults with the app (this is using both the Free and Pro versions of Torque). Other vehicles have OBD2 disabled altogether so you can’t even connect, but this varies.

Unfortunately there is no way to work around the inability to read sensor information other than to re-flash the ECU firmware with a firmware that supports OBD2.

We-BEER

Hello!
I have a 2001 Toyota Mark II for the Japanese market. I have connected to the ECU using TECU (link) via a simple K-Line adapter, and it can connect through the ELM327. In the setting of protocol installed “ISO-14230 fast init, 9600 baud”. Is it possible in your program to add such a profile? Or allow the user to specify the speed 9600 baud? Maybe this will help solve the problem for the Japanese market cars.

piemmm
Administrator

@we-beer Hi!

That’s ab OBD2 app, so if your vehicle is working with it, then it should also work with Torque as OBD2 is standard between many vehicles!

We-BEER
on: April 25, 2012 (GMT)

Torque is not connecting to the ECU, I’m trying all the protocols. I use this adapter, the program connects to it (status OK), but does not connect with the ECU.

kasp3r

im having the same problem as above ^ useing same adaptor. can connect to everything but the ECU (i drive a 1998 Acura 2.3 CL 4 Cylinder) made/sold in the USA. anything i can do to make this work?

We-BEER

@piemmm, Hi

Please see this log, and information about the ECU. Maybe this will help solve the problem of the connection.
Log file, ECU Info

with these settings TECU is connected to the ECU and works correctly.

I think the problem is the data rate, in the cars for the Japanese market using 9600 baud. may add to the initialization command ATIB96? I think this will solve the problem.

zafar
on: June 14, 2012 (GMT)

“To follow on, on vehicles that were originally sold in Japan, that support no Mode 1 PIDs, you will be able to pull no sensor information (using any OBD2 app, not just Torque – as this is a limitation imposed by the manufacturer) – torque will pop up a message dialog stating this when you connect

However you will likely in most cases still be able to read and clear faults with the app (this is using both the Free and Pro versions of Torque). Other vehicles have OBD2 disabled altogether so you can’t even connect, but this varies.

Unfortunately there is no way to work around the inability to read sensor information other than to re-flash the ECU firmware with a firmware that supports OBD2.”

Ian i disagree with the above. I am using an OBD2 app that can read live data from the sensors it works on all Japanese Toyotas and Nissans. With JDM Subaru i cant read live sensors but can clear DTCs.

piemmm
Administrator
on: July 8, 2012 (GMT)

It may be that the toyota needs a custom header using

If you are using 1.5.76, you can add this to the custom init field:

ATSH 13F013

…in the vehicle profile editor (if the Toyota uses non-standard headers)

turinishe
on: July 10, 2012 (GMT)

i confirm. it work on japanese car.
with custom string:
ATSH8213F1\nATIB96\nATIIA13
and
OBD2 protocol ISO 14230-4 (5b init, 10.4k baud)
toyota vitz 01.2002
region JAPAN
paid version TORQUE

hadi10
on: August 9, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from turinishe on July 10, 2012
with custom string:
and
toyota vitz 01.2002
region JAPAN
paid version TORQUE

so how do i add this custom string..??

i have another question though , i am able to read and monitor on my JDM subaru all sensors using one of these large universal OBDII units(one’s you find in workshops ) . but i cant monitor using Torque..! does this mean my OBDII blutooth adaptor is bad ..?

thanks

turinishe
on: August 13, 2012 (GMT)

this string for Toyota JDM

if you can connect with standard OBDII, you don`t need custom string. verify your adapter or bluetooth connection.

PwnedXJ
on: August 26, 2012 (GMT)

@ turinishe could you plz give us instructions how to use the custom string. I tried with the wifes Toyota Harrier 2006 and cant connect to ecu. My adapter is ok as it connects perfectly with my Jeep. The Harrier is the Japanese version of the Toyota Lexus. If you can kindly give us step by step how to do it. Thx

bytchslappa
on: September 17, 2012 (GMT)

Custom string can be entered when you buy the app (profile editor)

Going to try this string with my 02 Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR n-spec (ST246n) tonight. Haven’t tried connecting with the paid version – free version did not work – but the App ‘diag my toyota’ did when put into Japan OBD mode. This confirms the bluetooth adapter does shift data from the cars ECU.

bytchslappa
on: September 17, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from turinishe on July 10, 2012
with custom string:
and
toyota vitz 01.2002
region JAPAN
paid version TORQUE

Confirmed

Tested this on a JDM 2002 Toyota Caldina GT-FOUR (ST246) N-Spec

Leaving settings at automatic did not connect to the ECU. (might try again)

Tvd
on: October 2, 2012 (GMT)

Hi All
I have a Nissan X-Trail tdi 2006 Scandinavian ver and connect with ELM327 the really cheap one and protocol ISO 14230-4(fast init, 10,4k baud)it did use that by itself and it has worked without any problem, al just rock’s on. Never found any faultcodes either so I checked with a pro OBD2 tool and it was alright. It is by far not everything that seems to be supported to read out but I asume that is just how it is.

zafar
on: November 30, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Ian,
Success!!!(JDM Toyota Caldina Gt- Four 2004 model)
Protocol: ISO 14230-4(5b init, 10.4k baud)
Ok so to connect to JDM Toyotas you will need to input the below in the ELM 327 custom configuration string in profile

ATIB96\nATIIA13\nATSH8113F1\nATSPA4\nATSW00

This is the line for most JDM toyotas there are some other lines for some other toyotas will post them up soon.

Thanks Ian cant wait to get cracking on Torque!!

EDIT2:
JDM Nadia/Harrier
ATIB96\nATIIA13\nATSH8213F1\nATSPA5\nATSW00

Toyota Common 10400baud
ATIB10\nATIIA13\nATSH8013F1\nATSPA4\nATSW00

JDM Nissan(will test this with my Xtrail)
ATSP5\nATAL\nATIB10\nATSH8110FC\nATST32\nATSW00

fascar228
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

Where do u add this string in the torque paid version?

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

It’s in the vehicle profile (at the bottom of the screen), known as ‘Custom configuration’

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.

Follow me on twitter