Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Can't connect to Ford Focus via cable

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't connect to Ford Focus via cable
oys
Post Can't connect to Ford Focus via cable
on: November 2, 2016 (GMT)

I bought aclone modified ELM327 from ebay to use with a Ford Focus 2005 1.6 TDCI diesel car.

The cable works great with forscan, but Torque Pro is unable to connect.

The cable has a switch to toggle between high speed and medium speed mode. I’ve tried both, but Torque keeps complaining that it can’t connect to the ECU.

I suspect this is a protocol issue where Torque is unable to figure out which one to use.

I was wondering if Torque should work with my car, and if anyone had advice for getting it to work.

Also wiling to buy a bluetooth adapter instead if I could only figure out one which I know would work.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Can
on: November 3, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The adapter talks to the ECU using whichever protocol the ECU uses, not the app. The app does have the ability for some special settings to be used for bugged OBD2 vehicles, or not 100% compliant OBD2 vehicles (such as some JDM imports)

You will need to make sure your vehicle supports OBD2. This isn’t Fords native diagnostics, but OBD2, which is different.

If the vehicle supports OBD2, then it should simply work with a ‘default’ vehicle profile

Also make sure torque can see the adapter (that the adapter ID appears in the ‘adapter status’ screen when the app can see it – it should report that it’s and ELM327 vXXX – where XXX is the version of the adapter)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter