Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Transfer/Export of Profile

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transfer/Export of Profile
Tactical-Expo
Post Transfer/Export of Profile
on: October 25, 2016 (GMT)

I have a new phone/device and want to simply export/transfer my existing profile without having to set up the profile from scratch.
Is this possible?
Can certain files be moved on an Android device and if so, what files?

speedlever
Post Re: Transfer/Export of Profile
on: October 25, 2016 (GMT)

I have the exact same question. I have a new phone coming and would like to save and transfer my custom settings and screens. How do I do that?

SpideRMaN
on: October 26, 2016 (GMT)

There is a .torque (note the DOT in front of torque) folder (in my case it was located in /storage/emulated/0 folder, I installed torque on the new device and copied that folder from my old device

you must enable see hidden folders on you file browser/explorer

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 26, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

I’ll see if I can make this easier (real soon) via the desktop sync app once I’ve done the update for it (assuming that you guys would find a desktop app helpful for this?)

wsalopek
on: November 28, 2016 (GMT)

Yes…please…I am also trying to transfer my Torque screens and profiles and such to a new device, and so far can’t figure how to do it.

I’ve looked in the .torque folder, but I don’t see anything in there that resembles a file that would contain all the settings.

I am using Astro File Manager, and I have “view hidden files” selected.

Bill

wsalopek
on: November 28, 2016 (GMT)

OK…I found the correct folder.

But yes, a backup/restore feature would be great.

Thanks…

Bill

Tactical-Expo
on: December 29, 2016 (GMT)

Okay, I had a dual device failure and MUST save/restore my pertinent vehicle info for Torque.

Loss on my phone was total but I still have it installed/working on my tablet.

Do I back up the .torque folder only, or is there another folder within the Android>Data folder or within another unknown folder?
I don’t want to lose my background, theme, gauge type/style, layouts and vehicle specific info/data.

mr.sneezy
on: January 26, 2017 (GMT)

Are you guys thinking about just backing up the whole Torque App settings from device to device, or to be able to export one individual vehicle profile from one to another ?

I have two tablets on two cars (one for each), I want to add the vehicle profile for car-1 to car-2’s tablet but not over write car-2’s own vehicle profile (as it’s now quite complex).
Martin

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.

Follow me on twitter