Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Engine Temperature / Voice Reminder

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Engine Temperature / Voice Reminder
Carbonskin
Post Engine Temperature / Voice Reminder
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

Hi guys,

first I am sorry for my english – it isn´t my motherlanguage.
I´ve two questions:

1st.: Is it possible to change the main background? If yes how?
(I don´t mean the background of the dashboard.)

2nd.: Is it possible to change the voice message regarding the operating temperature of the engine? I get the message when I reach 70°C, but I want to get that message when the egine reaches 90°C.

Thank you in advance for your feedback =)

Kind regards

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Engine Temperature / Voice Reminder

Hi!

Your English is good!

The first one – not yet… I have thought about adding the ability to change the main app background like the starting screen and some of the other screens as well, but not implemented it yet – a question to you on this: Would you have the background the same as the background used in the ‘realtime information’ screen or would you use a different background? (this will help me understand what’s needed)

The second one, not yet, the reason it’s been chosen as 70C is because for some vehicles, in winter, the coolant temperature may never reach 90C. Also, for pretty much every vehicle out there, the oil temp has warmed up enough by 70 to be effective (this may be different if you are using a very custom engine design/setup though) – Is there more of a specific reason why you would like it at 90? (again, this will help me understand what’s needed, and if I could do it automatically)

Carbonskin
Post Re: Engine Temperature / Voice Reminder

Thank you for your fast reply :)
My car is a Vauxhall Corsa VXR.

Regarding the background: I changed the stock dashboard background to a black one (just a black jpg.) in the settings menu. I wish there would be the possibility to change the main background (when Torque starts) to a (total) black one.
By this reason it would be nice to have the same background =)

The VXR´s operating water temperature of the engine is between 92 – 98 degrees. The car has no oil-temperature sensor. For me it doesn´t matter, because I am using dash instruments from pro-sport for boost pressure and the oil temperature.

By the way, I am using torque on an android radio with android 4.4.4 with an usb-cable, because I have issues with the Bluetooth modul. (And yes, I bought it no Chinese cracked stuff.)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.

Follow me on twitter