Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Mitsubishi RVR P0513 code

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitsubishi RVR P0513 code
bud_128
Post Mitsubishi RVR P0513 code
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

Hey I’ve been using torque in my 2014 Jetta for nearly 2 years without a problem. I’m using a Carista bluetooth adaptor. (Not cheap but I only wanted to buy it once.) I recently decided to try torque out in my wife’s Mitsubishi RVR. It works well but after some driving (30 minutes or so) the dash lights up and says service required. I used torque to pull the codes and I’m getting a P0513 incorrect immobilizer key code. The car has been running the entire time. Shut it off and restart and all is well. It has done this twice. I ended up clearing the code and putting the adaptor back in the VW. Has anyone else had this happen?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Mitsubishi RVR P0513 code
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

It’s worth checking the adapter for this one – the main reason is possible interference on the CANBUS system that’s leading to data corruption, or a state where data isn’t reaching the immobiliser when it should be from other ECUs.

There are 2 causes for this that I know of:

* The adapter isn’t terminated properly and is causing issues on the CANBUS system (this would be a design issue, or a build quality issue where the incorrect termination is used, or simply not present)

* That the adapter has become disconnected and then starts searching for the correct protocol to use. During this, depending on the vehicle ECU and adapter, it may in some cases temporarily block communications (this can be seen on some Prius vehicles which are sensitive to this). Setting the protocol to use in the vehicle profile will usually prevent this issue if the connection is lost (though, the connection to the adapter shouldn’t drop out anyway, on a properly functioning phone and adapter). You can see what protocol the vehicle ECU uses when connected to it (check the adapter status screen) then set that protocol in the vehicle profile

I’m not very familiar with the carista adapters in terms of reliability issues (usually that’s a good thing as it means I’ve not seen many complaints) though you need to keep in mind it may have gone faulty.

Try the protocol option first, if it keeps happening, then check to see if the adapter connection was recently dropped (there was an option added in the latest update sent out today to do voice notifications for connection and disconnection from the adapter which should be helpful!)

bud_128
Post Re: Mitsubishi RVR P0513 code
on: October 15, 2016 (GMT)

I’ll give this a try.

Thanks

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter