Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » JDM Cars and Torque pro Discussions

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JDM Cars and Torque pro Discussions
SpideRMaN
Post JDM Cars and Torque pro Discussions
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

I opened this thread specifically for JDM (Japanese domestic market) Cars,

My car (toyota Vitz 2009) uses variant of the OBDII using ISO 15765-4 CAN, it is not fully compatible with torque pro

so far (thanks to Cintakc) I manage to:

connect to ecu using a different init string but even though I have ‘Connected to ECU .. OK’ in the notification bar if I go to Adapter Status the information below is still missing

Vehicle OBD Standard -> unknown
Vehicle Manufacture -> unknown
VIN Code -> unknown
Available Sensors – unknown

Q: Is there a way to see this Information ?

I have other software that can get this information so it’s not protected by toyota

apart from the above, a useful feature would be to hide all default sensors that do not work from the ‘Add Sensor (green = Active)’ list, the reason for this is to ease out the search when adding a display form an extended pid (only extended pids work for JDM)

Thanks

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: JDM Cars and Torque pro Discussions

Hi!

There’s the ‘Hide unsupported sensors’ option in the ‘OBD2 Adapter Settings’ which should hide all the mode 01 sensors when you’re connected – this should do most of what you want?

SpideRMaN

Hi,

I have that option enabled, but can see all the sensors still listed even the ones that are not active (green)

Thank you

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

It should be only the mode 01 sensors that get hidden, when connected….. I’ll need to test your specific setup in case that’s not happening (as it will probably never get the pid capabilities sent from the ECU so won’t know how to filter them). I’ll see if I can improve it if that’s the case

SpideRMaN

Maybe? A function to hide all inactive sensors that are not green whilst connected to ecu (i know it not that simple :) )

piemmm
Administrator

Yep – not that simple due to how the sensors are ‘discovered’ :-). I’ll need a think to see if I come up with any ideas on this. I may be able to hide some groups of sensors

On a side note whilst talking about pids, what do you think about splitting the list of sensors (A main list of sensors, and then custom PIDs) as an easy way to navigate to those sensors. I have to balance this potential change against the userbase (from beginner users, to the very experienced)

SpideRMaN

I believe it will be a good idea to split (sort) the list, putting extended pids on top, extended pids are used mostly if the car is not fully obd2 compliant so if one is not using them he will see the normal obd2 sensors as usual

Thanks a lot

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter