Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Issue with Verizon wireless

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issue with Verizon wireless
JTTOKA
Post Issue with Verizon wireless
on: October 13, 2016 (GMT)

Verizon wireless has said that the Torque app is marked in there system as a harmful app.
I have used the app about a year, with no issues.
The screen on my Motorola Droid turbo cracked, thus I received a crop replacement phone, which had issues with wifi, so I received another one. More issues, it turned off whenever it wanted (I did figure out why, the power button was getting stuck).
When I called Verizon tech support, they noticed I had the torque app, and told me to Uninstall it, as that was the problem, it wasn’t.
I’m just letting you know, what Verizon told me.
I thank you for awesome app.
Cheers

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Issue with Verizon wireless
on: October 13, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks – they’ve incorrectly marked it as a ‘bad’ app because it can be configured to run in the background (it goes to sleep and consumes minimal battery when this happens, and allows the phone to enter a deep sleep state), contrary to their claim that it drains battery rapidly

Their ‘check’ is rather crude as it simply checks for wakelocks being held in parts of the app (and doesn’t realise that the app releases the wakelocks when conditions like ‘not connected to the adapter for a while’ happen)

Technically, it could be defamation, but this is likely more down to incorrect and incomplete checks on the part of a carrier that should probably focus more on their network infastructure and not apps

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter