Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque can't communicate with ECU

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque can't communicate with ECU
Riaandw
Post Torque can
on: October 13, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

Version 1.8.94 Pro, purchased from the playstore.

Refuses to connect to the ECU no matter which combination of settings I’ve tried.

Vehicle is an 2006 Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa C Utility 1.7 DTI.

“Scanmyopel” and “EOBD” connects fine apparently on protocol – ISO 14230-4 (fast init) but Torque simply does not connect.

This confirms it’s not my adapter – Konnwei KW902 found here – https://www.amazon.com/CHEERLINK%C2%AE-KONNWEI-Bluetooth-Wireless-Diagnostic/dp/B00Q5YRC4C which supports protocols OBD2 protocols ISO15765-4 (CAN), ISO14230-4 (KWP2000), ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM.

Please see screenshots attached. Please help me connect Torque to my vehicle.

cintakc
Post Re: Torque can

You will need to use external PIDs 2101.

Riaandw

Hi cintakc, thanks for the reply. Please can you shed some light on how to implement the external PIDs 2101.

Many thanks!

cintakc

Well, I’ll write later how to do it.

cintakc

You need.
Go into Setting “Vehicle Profile” fill profile
-preferred OBD2 protocol select ISO14230-4 fast init
-Select bird “Use OBD alternative header”
-custom configuration string: atsp5\natsh8111f1
-save
Post a csv file in the folder .torgue \ extendedpids
Go into “Settings” -> “Manage extra PIDs” -> “…” -> “Add predefined set”
-Select set Opel Astra
-exit the Settings
-Select “Realtime information”
-long tap on the screen
-add display
-select Digital display
-select parameter from the list Opel Astra
-also create other devices

https://yadi.sk/d/D6YBX-GowmiEs

Riaandw

What can I say, you are simply awesome! Was about ready to call it quits.

I am connected to ECU now and have the custom PIDs setup. The are some faults when connecting under “Adapter Error Count> Adapter Error Count”but it does connect and communicate. Will test extensively tomorrow and feedback here.

Again, thanks so much!

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 14, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

thanks for the input on this – In the next couple of versions I’ll try to make ‘difficult’ vehicles like this easier to setup in the vehicle profile (some work has been done towards this already, but isn’t 100% finished yet as I still have some more to do) (this, and for non-100% obd toyota/nissan jdm vehicles as well)

Riaandw
on: October 15, 2016 (GMT)

Hi piemmm

The Torque app seems to be working as intended for now, from the advice given by cintakc. I’ll test some more though.

Perhaps a good idea to note on the playstore that Torque does not natively connect to these specific vehicles and perhaps create a sticky on forum of how connections can be forced in the meantime on these non-standard OBD2. I suspected my elm327 to be at fault as note on the play store and purchased two others in an attempt to connect the app now unnecessarily. The average user has little knowledge about OBD2 standards, custom PIDs and initialization codes.

It would be great if you could implement some vehicle specific connection types and I’m sure a significant market share would benefit from this.

3rd Plugins like fuel economy that use standard OBD2 interface sensors also now don’t function.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter