Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » '05 Civic, what's the point

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: '05 Civic, what's the point
je2000
Post '05 Civic, what's the point
on: October 6, 2016 (GMT)

I’m able to read somewhat useful things like vacuum pressure, coolant temperature and engine load. That’s great. What I’d really like is to be able to see automatic transmission fluid temperature. I don’t see it listed.

In any case, I have a “maintenance required” light that is on, but Torque Pro reads no faults. The primary reason I bought this was to read faults. I get nothing though. I understand Honda has some proprietary PID’s? I’m not seeing the point of this as the Pro version isn’t helping me any more than the free version.

How can I read the current fault?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re:
on: October 7, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The maintenance required light is a service reminder – it’s not a fault code and won’t be logged in the OBD2 fault log

Here’s how to reset the service reminder:
http://www.hondamanhattan.com/blog/how-to-reset-maintenance-light-honda-civic/

Though make sure you have had your vehicle properly serviced before doing so as it’s there for a reason such as oil changes, and airfilters (etc, etc)

je2000
Post Re:
on: October 7, 2016 (GMT)

Thank you. Is there any way to check what the reminder is for? I did my first oil change so I suspect it was for that. Just towed 1000 lbs 1000 miles so I was a bit worried. Car is acting normal.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.014 seconds.

Follow me on twitter