Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » IFTTT support?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IFTTT support?
Road_Wx
Post IFTTT support?
on: September 29, 2016 (GMT)

Looking through the forum and I didn’t see it. I was wondering if it would be possible to include IFTTT support with torque. Automatic and Dash include it. Here’s a link to the site. https://ifttt.com/recipes

Best Regards,

Dr2005k

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: IFTTT support?

Hi!

IFTTT looks really snazzy on the front, but once you start digging it becomes less ‘great’. One of the main issues is mostly requiring an online connection to do anything

And then, from their site: “The cost of publishing a Channel on IFTTT is 399USD/month.” – that’s a lot for an API that’s just handling triggers and actions!

However if there is something specific you would like to see then let me know – it’s always simple to add a scripting language to the app (something I’ve been thinking about for a while) and that doesn’t then depend on some external service that may or may not be present

Road_Wx
Post Re: IFTTT support?

Hi piemmm,

I was wondering if there was a way to maybe at the end of a trip to push the final trip stats like you show in the map view to a document in google docs or maybe have the ability to have a notification on android wear or in the notification window to notify of low fuel or even a trip summary.

Is it possible in the current version of the beta app to have alerts for hard braking or accelerating too fast?

I know there are setting for alarms but it would be cool if they could have more settings like in this period of time throw an alarm if it passes a certain threshold.

Best Regards,

Dr2005k

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter