Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS
shaferz
Post Re: Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS
on: February 23, 2014 (GMT)

Also – I do not think there was a ‘boost’ PID in the Ford Extended PID’s. I’m pretty sure I was using ‘Intake Manifold Pressure’

That was the only gauge I could find that seemed to make any readings related to boost/vac.

Capp777
on: February 28, 2014 (GMT)

Boost and Map are at the end of the
predefined list.

Edit:

No one willing to answer my
question in these threads…

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=5022.0

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=6442.0

SteamRollin
on: March 27, 2014 (GMT)

Hi there fellow 6.0 TP users,
I’ve been using Torque Pro(TP) for about 3 weeks now. But before that I was using the free version for about 9 months. Up until about a month ago it hadn’t dawned on me that this app was capable of replacing most name brand monitors in the diesel world. Since I’ve purchased the app I’ve used it like most people use Facebook(religiously). I can’t get enough of this app. Looking at how far back the powerstroke support has come for this app is very reassuring as well. I’ve joined a powerstroke forum(TDS) and spread the word of Torque in hopes to start a TP Revolution for all the Powerstroke drivers out there.

With all this being said, I really wish there was a way to monitor EGT & fuel pressure on TP. I know it not possible at the moment, but I’d be willing to do what I can to make that more possible, perhaps another bluetooth device that would serve as a docking station for stock unsupported sensors. Bully Dog makes a sensor docking station for its monitors, if only it could be modded to bluetooth to sync with Torque through your hand held device. Sounds simple right? Oh well, it would be nice.

Anyway, I’m running a ’05 6.0L and I want to make sure I’m using the correct PIDs to monitor any/everything on the truck, beings how there “method1” and “method2” for a few PIDs, and the “Engine Oil Temp” and “Engine Oil Temperature”. Another question, why is there a transmission fluid temp & transmission temperature on here? Forum folks tell me that Transmission Fluid Temp is the only sensor on a 6.0, there is no independent Transmission Temp sensor.

SteamRollin
on: March 27, 2014 (GMT)

I think I might have solved how to get EGT/Fuel Pressure parameters from 6.0 Powerstroke to display through Torque Pro.

The PLX Kiwi 2 BT is a bluetooth dongle just like most of the other ones that everyone uses. However when combined with/connected to a PLX SM-EGT, it allows you to send the data from a EGT probe to the Kiwi 2 BT which in turn give TP an accurate EGT reading. PLX also makes a boost SM, Fluid Pressure SM, Fluid Temp SM, and a few other SM. You can also daisy chain up to 32 SMs together. Has anyone done this yet?

diesel_dan
on: May 13, 2014 (GMT)

Don’t think many are monitoring this thread Steamrollin — I like where you are going with that though and would like to add those in to Torque as well.

I can’t seem to get straight info on my Q tho: I’d like to have a gauge for both Cam/Crank Sync and FICM Sync. I followed an earlier post on the 1st one, but have yet to test it. For the FICM, all I can find is reference to the very same PID for Cam/Crank. That can’t be right…

Anyone out there???

Neilb
on: May 2, 2015 (GMT)

Hi guy’s do you have to change the stock oil sensor to read the
Oil temp.

Mikeylikesit6.0
on: February 12, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from JESTERxHEAD on June 1, 2011
VGT Duty Cycle
VGT
PID: 22096D
%
Max/Min: 100/0
((A*256)+B)*(100/32767)

FUEL LEVEL
FUEL
PID: 2216C1
%
Max/Min: 100/0
((A*256)+B)*(100/328)

I am still testing more but those two work well….

More to come!

500,00mi 2003 psd 6.0l

Noremark
on: March 19, 2016 (GMT)

Has any one had any luck with MPG, any pointers you can share? I have a 04 ford 250 with 6.0. thanks

yotehunter66
on: April 3, 2016 (GMT)

Did any one get the DT count to work?

50 year old country boy married w/4 chidlren

Capp777

Quote from yotehunter66 on April 3, 2016
Did any one get the DT count to work?

End Quote.

Have you tried testing with different headers
while in the pid editor?

If your protocol in use is PWM… you might try
Auto, blank or C410F1 for a response.

Edit:

Most of these pids have been added to the Ford
predefined pid set but you will have to manually
add DTC Count from Amdriven2liv on page [3].

I would try…

Mode/Pid: 220200
Header: Auto
Equation: A
Units: Count

yotehunter66

I’ll have to see what the protocol is next time I hook up. I have it set to auto thorough scan. That seems to hook up the fastest with my trucks ECU.

50 year old country boy married w/4 chidlren

ToolmakerRob
on: April 4, 2016 (GMT)

Hi All,

I recently purchased a BAFX bluetooth dongle for my 2005 6.0 PSD Excursion. I only have the lite version on my phone and plan on adding a tablet to my dash with the full version.

I do have one problem and am hoping that someone can help. I already use an Edge Evolution to monitor ECT, EOT, volts and most importantly my EGTs. I would like to continue using the Edge so I can keep an eye on EGTs.

I also purchased a Y-splitter cable for the OBD II port but every time I activate the phone the Edge goes berzerk. I tried both the low and high speed communication settings.

Can anyone provide any insight or help?

Thanks,

Rob

Capp777

Both devices are likely using the same
tester address which is confusing
communications.

Some newer Fords are able to read EGTs using
pid 0178 or 22F478. Maybe this will work for you
unless you added Edge sensors specifically
for reading EGTs.

There is a Ford 6.7 Extended pid list thread which
shows the details for adding using 22F478. The equations
should be the same for 0178 if this works for
your vehicle.

Note the 0178 pid (and likely 0179) included in
Torque doesn’t work for the multiple sensors
returned in the same response the last time I
checked. Ian may have fixed by now?

ToolmakerRob

Thanks Capp777,

I am using a EGT probe that came with the Edge Evolution. I don’t believe that my 6.0 PSD Excursion has any capability to read EGTs from the factory. I am still trying to find a way to make these two units work together as I really like having the Edge mounted in the corner on the dash monitoring the ECT, EOT, trans temp and EGT. My original plan was to purchase a 10″ tablet for the OBD II Torque Pro app and watch the smaller but still important sensors on the motor. I do not use my Edge at all for programming as I already had a SCT tuner whcih does both the motor and the tranny.

If anyone knows how to make this combo handshake/recognize and work together please chime in.

Thanks,
Rob

jjudy
on: June 18, 2016 (GMT)

I have 2005 F250 6.0L diesel, got paid version to read ficm. Can’t find gauge in provided app. How do you read the FICM voltage?

Capp777
on: June 19, 2016 (GMT)

That pid is part of the extended pids. Have
you added the Ford Powerstroke extended
pids yet?

From main screen…

Menu>Settings>Manage extra PIDs/Sensors

Menu>Add predefined set

Once these are added you can then go back
to the realtime dashboard to add them using
the correct long name.

I suggest you test with KOEO to see which pids
return successful responses. (You can use the
pid editor to test before adding to the dashboard).

Remove pids that don’t respond correctly.

kersey1999
on: July 30, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from amdriven2liv on November 2, 2011
Yeah! I just got the PLX Kiwi. I will be doing some good testing on these pids.

I may become a pest! LOL

Yes, I thought I would gamble on the cheap OBD2 readers. Oh, well, live and learn. Should have listened! And learned from others!!!

Tranny temp and oil temp are first. Then on to others.

I think I am having the same issues, I just ordered the PLX and hope it solves my problems. I cannot see EOT or TFT, I do have ECT but would also love to see ICP and IPR. Did you have any luck after switching over with these PIDs?

Hope you are still active here.

bturton
on: November 14, 2016 (GMT)

Just a quick question regarding these enhanced pids.
Is it common to have to correct most, if not all the pids from the pre determined set?
Really, none of them are working for me.
My ELM seems connected properly.
Yet only the most basic gauges work at all.

Fernie, BC

MPD56
on: November 14, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from bturton on November 14, 2016
Just a quick question regarding these enhanced pids.
Is it common to have to correct most, if not all the pids from the pre determined set?
Really, none of them are working for me.
My ELM seems connected properly.
Yet only the most basic gauges work at all.

Quick Answer
Not enough information to help you out, they seem to be working for all the other folks.

What year?
Not even one not working?
Did you add the right pre-defined extended PIDS for the 6.0?

hooptytank
on: December 12, 2016 (GMT)

Looking for someone who has successfully got the individual cylinder misfire detection to work. The engine definitely misses and PCM has set misfire DTCs

In torque pro when going down the list of available PIDs, the available ones are shaded in green, with the value in blue, while unavailable ones are black. Misfires show up green, but no counts, just 0.

I can read all other data that I need using the app, and so I know it’s communicating properly.

My setup:
2004.5 6.0 The FICM is tuned, but PCM has factory software.
Scantool OBDlink MX Bluetooth adapter or BAFX obd adapter.
Samsung S7 or HTC M8
Latest downloads of Torque Pro paid versions

The misfire equation for cyl 1 in Torque (other cyls are similar except for PID):

OBD mode and PID: 22160e
Long name: Cylinder 1 misfire count
Short name: MF1
Min value: 0.0
Max Value: 100
Scale Type: Count
Equation: ((A*256)+B)
OBD Header: Auto

Cyl #2 PID 22160f, #3 221610, #4 221611, #5 221612, #6 221613, #7 221614, #8 221615

Does misfire detection work on any of your trucks? Is there some PID formulas I haven’t been able to find? Or am I missing something else.
Any help would be appreciated!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.112 seconds.

Follow me on twitter