Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS
tjb9561
Post Re: Ford 6.0L Diesel Extended PIDS
on: December 2, 2011 (GMT)

Man I didn’t realize this app could do all this. I just down loaded it the other day and thought I could be smart and buy an obdii to USB and buy a USB to USB adapter and then hard wire to my phone only to find out it doesn’t work. So what kind of obdii plug are y’all using. Thanks for the help guys

Road_Wx
on: December 2, 2011 (GMT)

tjb9561,

I use a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth. I’ve owned a few Mercury’s and tried it on multiple Ford and they seem to work fine with the protocols that Ford use (PWM and CANBUS). My only complaint is the cord is a little long but I ended up wrapping around the steering column.

Regards,

Road_Wx

amdriven2liv
Post Boost not working right.
on: December 3, 2011 (GMT)

Ford Boost isn’t working properly.

Today, for example,jumped in and head out to cut a Christmas tree. My boost gauge was reading exactly the same as my intake pressure. At idle.

Yesterday, the boost was reading just fine. At idle it read 0,5-0.9 while my intake pressure read 14.6 or so.

As I drove yesterday, it was reading right.

Any thoughts?

Northwest United States

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 3, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Diesels will read 0 (or very close to 0) boost at engine idle (it’s only petrol vehicles that will register a vacuum). This is due to how diesel engines work as opposed to petrol.

It is very important on some vehicles that the engine displacement, fuel type, and VE are correctly setup in the vehicle profile for boost measurements to be correct.

If you have all this setup correctly, then you should be getting an accurate boost reading. The only thing that will then throw it out is a faulty MAP or MAF sensor (and in other cases, faulty IAT sensor).

PORKWALL
on: December 5, 2011 (GMT)

Hello, I hate to but in but I am doing a little research about this program before I purchase. I have a 05 Ford 6.0 PSD stock. By what I have read it have every guage I would need if I chipped it except exhust temp. Would I have to use a PID and can it even read the temp?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

amdriven2liv
on: December 6, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from PORKWALL on December 5, 2011
Hello, I hate to but in but I am doing a little research about this program before I purchase. I have a 05 Ford 6.0 PSD stock. By what I have read it have every guage I would need if I chipped it except exhust temp. Would I have to use a PID and can it even read the temp?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

EGT can not be read through the OBD2 port on any model year 6.0LPSD. There is not a sensor for it. That will need to be installed in the driver side exhaust no matter what you get to read PIDs. As well as Fuel pressure and low pressure oil.

Northwest United States

PORKWALL
on: December 6, 2011 (GMT)

Thanks, I am going to purchase the PLX KIWI Bluetooth and the Torque pro. Can’t wait.

lrrbr
on: December 8, 2011 (GMT)

So,
If I buy and install an EGT probe/sensor, how do I interface it with the OBDii port? I would like to be able to see EGT on the Torque App…without installing a physical gauge.

Thanks.

amdriven2liv
on: December 16, 2011 (GMT)

No, you will not be able to do that. It would need to connect straight to your phone somehow. Your only choices are using an Edge Insight or a separate gauge, same as for fuel pressure.

Northwest United States

DOC4444
on: December 17, 2011 (GMT)

I added the extended Ford PIDs. I have a 2001 Ford Powerstroke 7.3 Excursion. This added the parameters I was looking for (engine oil temp and trans temp). The trans temp works fine, but the engine oil temp does not change from 32 deg F despite the display showing the green indicator light that the others do, indicating ongoing communication with the ECU.

Any thoughts, Ian or others?

Also, after sdding the additional Ford parameters, my second profile (US 2005 Jeep Liberty [KJ] 2.8 CRD) no longer shows the boost display communicating with the ECU, Now, the only thing that works is RPM.

Also, the gauge format is no longer what I set for the Jeep orginally. It is the same as for the Ford. I thought the point of “profiles” was so that you could set a configuration for EACH vehicle which would be saved. How do I get the Ford settings to NOT affect the settings for the Jeep?

Would really appreciate help with this….

Thanks,

DOC

amdriven2liv
on: December 19, 2011 (GMT)

That’s a good question. I will be wanting to use this on multiple vehicles.

Northwest United States

amdriven2liv
on: December 24, 2011 (GMT)

Well, I have set everything up as described for making sure “boost” would work correctly.

It doesn’t.

Have zero clue as to which way to go from here.

I see there is a new “VE” gauge. How should I use this for settings in my vehicle settings?

Northwest United States

radmacks
on: January 2, 2012 (GMT)

I’m too biting my nails waiting for some Ford 7.3 developments

amdriven2liv
on: January 6, 2012 (GMT)

Still would like to have these in the PIDs, but I can’t figure out how to create the equation.

VREF=Voltage Reference, should read 4.95-5.0V

ICP Voltage (Volts)
2216AD

Cam vs. Crank Sync (1 = in sync, 0 = not in sync)
2209CD

This next one is important. On our vehicles, the computer will count codes that do not set a CEL. They are there, but they have not met the requirement to set the CEL. I currently use Scangauge II. And I have this gauge and use it. Not long ago I had a count of one. Then the next time I drove it would go away. So, I have something brewing in the motor. SGII will not read those DTCs. But, your Torque APP does! I pulled code P0528, which is my Fan Speed sensor.(I have a wiring issue there) and now I can get active on repairing the issue BEFORE it sets a CEL.

DTC Count (Diagnostic Trouble Code Count)

Northwest United States

amdriven2liv
on: January 13, 2012 (GMT)

Well, my boost seems to be working better. Not sure why though.

I’m finding myself using this APP more and more.

Anyone doing a tutorial for building more PID’s anywhere?

I could really use more. Like those posted above.

Northwest United States

krdiesel
on: January 21, 2012 (GMT)

I still cannot get the EOT to read on my 03. It shows 32 all of the time. My Phalanx will show the proper temp though

amdriven2liv
on: January 21, 2012 (GMT)

I still cannot get the EOT to read on my 03. It shows 32 all of the time. My Phalanx will show the proper temp though

All I can say is, if your equation looks exactly like this:

((((A*256)+B)/100)-40)*(9/5)+32

Make sure you don’t have too many ” ( ” at the beginning.

Other than that, I’m not sure what else needs to change. Works great in my 04.

Northwest United States

sgd
on: January 24, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from amdriven2liv on January 21, 2012

All I can say is, if your equation looks exactly like this:

((((A*256)+B)/100)-40)*(9/5)+32

Make sure you don’t have too many ” ( ” at the beginning.

Other than that, I’m not sure what else needs to change. Works great in my 04.

This is what I have for my 05… Try “Unit Type” = F. Also I left the “OBD Header to use” blank.

amdriven2liv
on: February 1, 2012 (GMT)

OK, now I today, entered the gauge for Exhaust Back pressure. It is reading too high.

How high is too high? 550 psi.

Key on engine off it should read the same as my Baro gauge.

Any thoughts on why this is?

Also, would like a gauge for Manifold Air Pressure. PID 221440

Thanks

Northwest United States

amdriven2liv
on: February 7, 2012 (GMT)

Bump :) Got to move it up!

Northwest United States

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.