Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » USB accelerometer support

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: USB accelerometer support
chperez
Post USB accelerometer support
on: September 27, 2016 (GMT)

Hi,

I have a Joying JY-NL124 android car radio, which does not have an accelerometer. I bought the Yocto 3d V2 http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-position-sensors/yocto-3d-v2 to see if I could get it to work with torque and other android apps for the track but although android sees the device the apps do not. I am not a programmer, but is there a way to get torque to recognize an external accelerometer like it does for an external GPS?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: USB accelerometer support

They must have a lot of pokemon go users asking about that device from looking at that page :)

The app would need to be modified to be aware of the sensor (as the OS won’t pick it up either by default). This is very niche, so it’s probably better to use the arduino API or plugin API to push data into Torque that way (via AIDL)

chperez
Post Re: USB accelerometer support

Hi, thanks. I know it’s very niche. I should have taken into account the fact that the radio didn’t have a built in accelerometer, but only realized it after I installed it. I’ll try to get it working like you said, I have a friend who know a bit about android programming. I much prefer the headunit to a phone or tablet since it’s mounted very securely in the car and does not vibrate at all, plus it’s one less thing to keep charged when racing

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter