Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Need help

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help
Ballistic
Post Need help
on: September 25, 2016 (GMT)

I have just purchased the torque pro OBD2 and discovered that my car isn’t recognizing the app. Prior to purchasing I read the review and it stated ” many more vehicle makes, European,US,Far East ” etc. My car isn’t registering….. Alfa Romeo 159. What now?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Need help
on: September 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

The app should work with any OBD2 compliant vehicle (Your vehicle needs to support OBD2 for it to work)

These are most petrol/gasoline based vehicles from 1996 onwards in the EU/US (and 2004 onwards for diesel vehicles) – these dates are from when support was mandated by law/legislation.

If your vehicle was made on/after these dates in the EU/US, then it should be working for you. If your vehicle was sold outside of these countries then you’ll need to find out if it is enabled for OBD2

If it supports OBD2 then it should work. If its still not working, then it’s usually the adapter that’s the problem (It’s the adapter that talks to the ECU and establishes the connection)

A fair few clone adapters don’t work on all the different protocols, even though they should, so you may find that the adapter works on one manufacturers protocol, but not others – unfortunately if this is the case with yours then you’ll need to get the seller to replace it as it is faulty (it should work on every manufacturers protocol)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter