Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » newbie question

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: newbie question
Miles
Post newbie question
on: September 24, 2016 (GMT)

Hello
My intention is to buy the pro version. i’m testing the lite with a ELM327 OBD bluetooth adaptor?

When i connected and tried it first time today, i only had less than a handful of live values. and a lot of these that i’m trying to had show “no value” ( no RPM for example)
sometimes eventually some would show up, but not when i stop and restart the car.

is that because it was a OBD adaptor ? or is something i’m doing wrong with the app / settings ?

my car is a 2009 JEtta 2.5

thank you !

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: newbie question
on: September 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Sensors that are available should show up all the time and remain active when visible. If they are intermittent then it’s usually a sign of a malfunctioning adapter or a bad/intermittent connection to the vehicle ECU

It could on older handsets be a problem with the bluetooth on the android handset itself. A quick test would be to disable temporarily any other bluetooth connections and see if the situation improves. If it does not and you have still got intermittent displays then I would look closely at the adapter as it is likely malfunctioning (and should be replaced)

I would initially suspect the adpater (the usual culprit if it’s an ebay/amazon clone one)

Miles
Post Re: newbie question
on: September 25, 2016 (GMT)

thanks Ian
i have tested on another car 2004 XC90, and it seems to work somewhat better
i’ll probably end up buying a better adapter

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.

Follow me on twitter