Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » cannot connect to ECu

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: cannot connect to ECu
cochin007
Post cannot connect to ECu
on: September 22, 2016 (GMT)

I am new to torque.
I am connecting using usb elm327 to Toyota yaris 2008 and vw golf 2015 but none of ecu is getting detected Any help? ..

cintakc
Post Re: cannot connect to ECu

Toyota yaris 2008
engine’s type?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s usually an adapter issue (where both vehicles are known to support OBD2).

You’ll need to check that the adapter is working properly (quite a few of the cheap clones don’t work on every manufacturers protocol, even though they should, so you may find it works on one manufacturer, but not anothers and is quite a common problem)

If you’re in the EU/US then the vehicle *must* support OBD2 from 1996 onwards for petrol/gasoline engines (and 2004 onwards for diesel engines). If you’re outside of there, then you may be subject to different legislation

Also check that you have told the app to use the correct bluetooth OBD2 adapter in the settings (it’s possible you may have accidentally selected a handsfree or music streaming device)

The Adapter Status screen will show how far the app has got connecting to the adapter, and how far the adapter has got in establishing a connection to the vehicle ECU and can be useful for finding out where the issue is

cochin007

Quote from cintakc on September 22, 2016
Toyota yaris 2008
engine’s type?

2008 petrol..
i have ordered another bluetooth adapter.. all cheap ones since the expensive one looks like cheap ones.. I will try that also.
Current one is not blue tooth but USB one and i installed torque on my mobile and used OTG adapter.
I am in UK and this is UK model Yaris
it detects odb2 device when i change baud rate to 9600 but not sure if i need to change something to detect the odb2 since may be the adapter is not detecting the type correctly?
I will also upload logs if it works …

Also since i have ELM 327 model can i update firmware from somewhere since not sure what they have put it inside
It is same as this http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CGYAAOSw8cNUP5MR/s-l400.jpg

jorgemartino

HI, IM NEW HERE AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THINGS HERE, HOPE IM DOING IT RIGHT. I WANT TO ASK THE ADMINISTRATOR, IF TS POSIBLE TO ADD A PLUGIN FOR A REMOTE FOR A 2009 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB 3.7 V6. I REALY WANT TO OPEN MY TRUCK WITH MY PHONE USING BLUETOOTH, AND PULLING DOWN THE WINDOWS AND STAFF. I SEE THAT IS A REMOTE FOR NISSAN, . ITS ANYTHING WE CAN DO? I HAVE THE OBDLINK EX COMING ON SATURDAY, I REALY WANT TO TAKE CARE OF MY TRUCK USING MY PHONE. THANKS IN ADVANCE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ABOUT MY TRUCK. THANKS….

cintakc
on: September 23, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from cochin007 on September 22, 2016
…Toyota yaris 2008

your car runs on 21 seed
you need to use an external PID

cochin007

any guide on adding external pid
Today i was able to use scanmaster elm s/w which came with the adapter and i tried to connect many times and changed baud rate and protocol and atlast automatic protocol and 57600 bps worked.
It read most of the errors except for engine light which comes on when we turn on ignition. I want to clear it but it doesnt get read in that software. How do i fix torque to read and connect to Yaris? I used pc to connect to yaris using scanmaster and torque doesnt have any pc version. So have to depend on mobile app.

cintakc

You need to install the program Torque.
Go into Setting “Vehicle Profile” fill profile
-preferred OBD2 protocol select ISO15765-4 11/500
-Select bird “Use OBD alternative header”
-custom configuration string: atsp6\natsh7e0
-save
Post a csv file in the folder .torgue \ extendedpids
Go into “Settings” -> “Manage extra PIDs” -> “…” -> “Add predefined set”
-Select set Toyota CAN