Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » HTC Hero CDMA NOT capable of running torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HTC Hero CDMA NOT capable of running torque
Murrfk
Post HTC Hero CDMA NOT capable of running torque
on: May 26, 2011 (GMT)

This is not the fault of the torque app, but the fault of the phone and it’s bluetooth (radio?) files. I have tried many different ways and roms. Modaco, Cyanogen 6,(2.2) Cyanogen 7 (2.3), Gingerbread. Nothing works. With the stock rom, my bluetooth interface (which works fine with my other android phone running 2.2) cannot even be detected. With Cyanogen 6 and 7, the phone detects the interface, but cannot connect/communicate with it. So none of these ROMS allow the phone to even pair with the bluetooth device, so of course torque will not work.

This HTC Hero CDMA (HeroC) phone is available through Sprint, Alltel, Cellular South, and MTS(in Canada). I just wanted to post this so that others won’t have to spend three days trying to sort this out like I did!

If anyone HAS managed to get this phone to work, I would be interested in hearing about it.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: HTC Hero CDMA NOT capable of running torque

Torque should work on the Hero, its merely drivers that are the problem, (the app was developed some time ago using the HTC Hero) what bluetooth interface are you using? If it is a cheap clone one from ebay I would start looking at that closely as the bluetooth units in them can fail in odd ways.

Also if something else is connected to the bluetooth interface, then they can stop being discoverable. Make sure no other laptop/phone is trying to connect to it whilst you are doing your tests.

Unfortunately I can’t support custom ROMs (cyanogen had a senior moment with one of their 7.0.2 roms recently which was horribly broken in several ways with GPS and file access)

Murrfk

I expect that you used a GSM Hero, which is not the same phone as the CDMA Hero phone and will have a different radio. My bluetooth obd2 still works perfectly fine with my other phone, so the bluetooth interface is able to function with android and is not failing. But it will not work with that phone. Nothing else is connected with the bluetooth and I am using a Tomtop OSB2 interface that, as I indicated is now working with the other phone.

I agree that it is the bluetooth drivers, and am not asking for support. I am just posting this for the benefit of others so they don’t have to repeat my steps and time, and can consider this in picking a phone. There are MANY reports of the problems with bluetooth and this unit, but most posts are with regard to headset problems.

piemmm
Administrator

If you go into the android settings and ‘about’ in the versions of things does it make mention of ‘ERD79’ anywhere?

Murrfk

Quote from admin on May 26, 2011
If you go into the android settings and ‘about’ in the versions of things does it make mention of ‘ERD79’ anywhere?

I am back to my stock operating system as none of the roms helped. However ERD79 does not appear anywhere in the software information page of that stock operating system.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.

Follow me on twitter