Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Manually add PID To read from Link Ecu

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Manually add PID To read from Link Ecu
mkivst
Post Manually add PID To read from Link Ecu
on: September 21, 2016 (GMT)

Hi,
Sorry for being noob here.Have connected to link ecu an working fine. Have tried manually add PID25 that is to read o2 sensor data from Link ecu but it shows nothing. May be i have done it wrong. The PID entered is ’01 25′. Can someone pls help me ?

Thanks.
Leo

mkivst
Post Re: Manually add PID To read from Link Ecu
on: September 25, 2016 (GMT)

No one is able to help?

I am looking to get data from o2 sensor 2 equivalence ratio.
Have try different formula but to no avail.

Tried with obd car doctor i can read the sensor fine.

Please help.

Thanks.

cintakc

If your car ECU supports this option, in the Adapter Status of in the list of Available sensors it will be shown
if it is not there, then your unit ECU does not support it

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

You don’t need to manually add mode 01 Pids to the app for O2 as all the supported ones are already present. It will be highlighted green in the list of available sensors when you add a display (if your manufacturer allows that sensor to be read)

As cintakc mentions, you can check what sensors have been made available by your manufacturer by going to the ‘Adapter Status’ screen in the app and scrolling down to the list of sensors – you’ll then be able to see what is accessible on your ECU

mkivst

Hi,
Have gone ahead and bought a pro version and now it has got that sensor listed so all good.
Couple more question hope can get some help since noob in this.

1/ How do i get lambda value to be displayed in AFR ?
2/ If some pids set in the app does not match the data from ecu, is there a way to change this? for example, pid26 is set to left wheel speed from this app, but actually value output from ecu is timing value, possible to manually correct this?
3/ is there a way to edit layout using pc instead of via app on the phone?

Your help in this is very much appreciated!

Btw, way too diff between the lite and pro version. Pro is so much better than lite where i think there should be an option for people to try out pro version before purchase. Lite version just make it look like the app is not worth buying. Just my opinions, no offence intended. Very great app that worth the money spent!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

To get the AFR, simply add the AFR(m) sensor (measured AFR) which does this for you already.

The AFR will only read a value on most vehicles when the engine has entered closed loop mode (or return rubbish before that) because it takes a while until the sensor reaches it’s operating temperature of a couple of hundered degrees

Look at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs for a list of mode 01 pids. There’s no such “PID 26” for wheel speed (not sure where you have got this from)

PIDs are in the format: Mode, PID, so for speed, it would be 01 0D – Torque has the majority of Mode 01 PIDs already in the app so you should never need to add any mode01’s

Unfortunately layouts can only be edited on the phone (due to a patent being in the way of editing on a PC)

mkivst

Hi,
This is the list of pids that are currently supported from link ecu.

[img= ]http://forums.linkecu.com/uploads/monthly_2016_02/OBD.PNG.eb19d68382bc81e20db2221f73347045.PNG

From the app i can see some of the data such as EGT bank 2 is in green but data shown is 900 deg not changing, what is causing it to show data available? Havent really compared side by side what is shown in app vs supported pids from ecu.

Also re the afr value, if i have more than one sensor running, is the measured afr(m) shown read from sensor 1? or sensor 2? or average from both ?

Thx

mkivst
on: September 26, 2016 (GMT)

Hi?
Have tried the AFR(M), doesnt seems to be working at all even my ecu already in closeloop mode. Is there a way to modify the formula to output AFR instead? Would just need to access the formula part of that particular pid setting.

Thx very much

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.

Follow me on twitter