Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT not working

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT not working
SpideRMaN
Post org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT not working
on: September 1, 2016 (GMT)

Hi Ian,

intent org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT is not working when I execute it from within tasker

Torque Version 1.8.106 and tried targeting it to service, Activity and Broadcast Receiver but no luck

I have no data being uploaded whilst torque is running, and waited for torque to quit for 20+ minutes but it didn’t, the only way to quit torque from tasker is to kill it.

my mobile is a rooted galaxy note 4 with Android 5.1.1

other intents work fine (eg. music player Etc.)

Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT not working
on: September 1, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

Still looking into this – I’ve tried it here and it’s working properly as I’d expect it, so there’s possibly something incorrect somewhere..

When you setup the tasker intent, did you set it to be a broadcast intent?

– in code this would be:

Intent intent = new Intent(action);
context.sendBroadcast(intent);

Tasker should have a setting for broadcast intents somewhere, you do not need to specify the package to send it to.

SpideRMaN
on: September 2, 2016 (GMT)

Problem solved!

It was somthing from my end, I fixed it by removing torque completely and wiped cache and dalvik/art cache from recovery.

After reinstalling torque, same setup i had in tasker worked

Thanks for your help Ian.

Terrox
on: January 28, 2022 (GMT)

Hello,

intent org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT is not working once again when attempting to be executed from Tasker.

Torque version 1.12.18 beta. I’ve attempted to target the intent to service, activity, and broadcast receiver as attempted previously but it is still not working at all. I’ve also attempted to clear cache, clear data, and uninstall and reinstall the entire application. Intent is still not working.

My phone is a Note 10+ not rooted on Android 12.

Intents from Tasker to other applications (Poweramp, Waze, etc.) are all working normally.

Thank you.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes – it was removed because I didn’t think anyone was using it (and the scope for other apps to interfere maliciously was also a factor in its removal)

Torque is designed to basically run all the time in the background whilst not consuming any power until it is needed (full automatic mode) – i’d rather not add the quit back if it can be avoided but I would like to know why you need it in your case so I can better make that decision

Terrox

I had my phone set to run the intent and quit the application when Tasker detects that my phone is no longer connected to my car. Is there a way to set Torque to close automatically after a certain amount of time that it is not connected to an OBDII reader perhaps instead?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ve added the intent back for you – it’ll be in the next beta update

There’s no disadvantage to leaving Torque open and running (it goes to a deep sleep state when not connected), have you tried it or is there a specific reason you want it to quit that I’m unaware of?

Terrox

I’ve been playing around with Torque settings to have the notification icon not be visible when the application is not connected to my car’s ECU but this doesn’t seem to be working. Therefore, I’ve been using Tasker to open/close the app when it connects to my car’s Bluetooth instead.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

Yes – one of the restrictions of Android is that services (for keeping things connected over long periods of time like bluetooth or logging trips, etc) need to have a notification icon visible, there is no longer any way to remove that as it’s now required by Android

Terrox

Ah okay,

Hopefully, the quit intent can remain in use then? When my phone connects to the Bluetooth of my car, Tasker tells Torque to open and minimize so that I can use navigation while driving, but still record logs. Then when my car turns off, Torque is closed via Tasker and the quit intent. This is the best way I’ve been able to work around the Android restrictions it seems.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 29, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Yes it’s in the beta version now (1.12.20) if you join the beta. I’m stabilising the beta updates now so it will be out of beta soon (if you don’t want to join the beta)

Terrox
on: January 31, 2022 (GMT)

I’m in the beta and can confirm it’s working once again. Thank you very kindly for your help.

SolarSupremacy
on: August 19, 2023 (GMT)

I believe Android 13 broke it again.

Can you guys confirm if it’s working or not? I’ve pulled ADB logs from my phone and, even though Tasker shows up as a registered listener for the intents, Torque never sends the intents.

I’ve tried everything I can on my end.

HoTsHoT
on: August 26, 2023 (GMT)

Mine still works – I’m on Android 13 as well.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.

Follow me on twitter