Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » PLX Multigauge Link

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PLX Multigauge Link
G8orFord
Post PLX Multigauge Link
on: August 24, 2016 (GMT)

Will Torque Pro be supporting this new adapter from PLX?

http://www.plxdevices.com/MultiGauge-Link-for-Smartphone-Interface-p/897346002931.htm

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: PLX Multigauge Link
on: August 24, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Depends on their support. *correction* I’ve had an email from them, and managed to miss it against the swarm of stuff I get, so as they’ve reached out then it’s likely.

I’ll add support for whatever I can get hold of! Most of the support for things in torque happens when I have access to kit/documentation and can test against it!

(also don’t forget the arduino interface that torque also supports so you can add your sensors as well, “if you’re a techie” :-))

G8orFord
on: August 25, 2016 (GMT)

I’m a bit of a techie. Is there a specific link to the arduino interface information that I could research or is it just a scattered collection of posts?

I’m currently using the PLX Kiwi 2 with the iMFD adapter with Dashcommand because I could never get Torque to stop dropping the Ford extended PIDs. You looked into a while back but I never got a resolution. Torque works great with my OBDlink MX but I loose my external inputs (EGT and fuel pressure), if I use Torque with the PLX setup, it will drop the Engine oil temp PID after a short while. Sometimes others as well, but always EOT. I also get the “bad adapter” message. Works fine in DC though. That’s why I was hopeful for this product.

Any further info on the arduino interface would be appreciated.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Here’s the extra info:

https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Arduino

The dropping of PIDs – can you refresh me – do you mean it’s removing the PIDs from the app, or simply not querying them after a while (with the PIDs still existing)?

I have the iMFD setup here and I’ll look into it dropping the PIDs (if it only does it in iMFD mode or is it all the time even when not using the iMFD bit (ie, obdlink too))?

G8orFord

Here’s the link to the previous thread where we were discussing it.
https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=6901.0

By “dropping” the PID, I mean it will fall back to 32° and stay there. If it were just to quit updating, I’d think it would stay at the last temp read, but you’d know better how that works.

I honestly do not remember if it would act this way with the Kiwi2 alone. I’m not sure if I even ever tested it that way because the whole reason I got the Kiwi2 was for the iMFD capability. The OBDLink MX works pretty flawlessly with Torque, maybe an occasional hiccup, but nothing consistent or noteworthy. Obviously, I can’t test the iMFD with the MX since there is no way to connect the two.

G8orFord
on: September 2, 2016 (GMT)

Have you had a chance to look into the Multigauge Link compatibility yet? I’d love to go back to my OBDLink MX and drop the Kiwi2 iMFD setup.

purple_jeep
on: September 6, 2016 (GMT)

I am also very interested in this!

Would be great to get rid of the kiwi2 and imfd etc.

Cheers

Chris

G8orFord
on: September 29, 2016 (GMT)

Bump..

Any further development on the Multigauge Link?

purple_jeep

Also still very interested!

Cheers

Chris

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

So far, I’ve had nothing back from PLX, despite contacting them twice after missing their initial mention of the multigauge, I’m still waiting for them to get in touch again after reaching out

G8orFord

Kudos to you then. I’ll hit them up with an email about it too.

G8orFord
on: October 10, 2016 (GMT)

Any update?

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 10, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Checked email again (and had a hunt in case I’d missed it or it’d been spammed) , though unfortunately nothing apart from a couple of advert emails from PLX themselves

purple_jeep
on: October 21, 2016 (GMT)

Maybe this is why they are not responding…

[admin:free advert removed]

Maybe they don’t want your software to have the ability so they can push their software.

Cheers

Chris

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 21, 2016 (GMT)

likely, if that’s the case then it looks like they’ve made their choices, bit sad, but that seems to be the way some people work

Borob
on: November 17, 2017 (GMT)

hi, is there any news on multigauge link support?
another try would be worth it. The kiwi app is a total flop….

a multigauge link in app buying for torque would be great.

Sorry for my Bad English

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 17, 2017 (GMT)

Hi!

Followed this up this morning as I now plan to add this if I can get the info – they did repsond, unfortunately it originally got lost in my inbox (my bad) so hopefully I can still get the info and add support for it!

Borob
on: November 21, 2017 (GMT)

I’m looking forward to infos. :-)

DrMassacre
on: December 31, 2017 (GMT)

a Multigauge Link Support would be so nice!!!
the Hardware is good, but Software bad…
like to buy as in-App Addon

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 2, 2018 (GMT)

Hi!

Unfortunately PLX have replied that they’re still ‘undecided’ if they’re going to open up the protocol to third parties

This means that it can’t be supported yet, until this changes

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.113 seconds.

Follow me on twitter