Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Acceleration Widget with Arduino?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Acceleration Widget with Arduino?
hugovw1976
Post Acceleration Widget with Arduino?
on: August 23, 2016 (GMT)

I have installed Torque Pro in Android Car head unit and don’t have acceleration sensor, it’s possible that Torque read sensor information from arduino?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Acceleration Widget with Arduino?

Hi

Yes, you can feed arduino sensor data into the app, though you can’t *yet* use it to feed data into the sensors that would normally have been obtained from the phone/headunit – I’m working on sorting that little bit out so people can override sensors as well as doing the ‘long PID’ requests as well. I have to be careful about how I do this though so people don’t get confused easily if they forget they’re overriding sensors

But you currently *can* send sensor data (like accelerometer stuff) into the app, it will appear as a different PID (not the normal accelerometer sensors)

hugovw1976

Quote from admin on August 23, 2016
Hi

Yes, you can feed arduino sensor data into the app, though you can’t *yet* use it to feed data into the sensors that would normally have been obtained from the phone/headunit – I’m working on sorting that little bit out so people can override sensors as well as doing the ‘long PID’ requests as well. I have to be careful about how I do this though so people don’t get confused easily if they forget they’re overriding sensors

But you currently *can* send sensor data (like accelerometer stuff) into the app, it will appear as a different PID (not the normal accelerometer sensors)

Thanks, I all ready have Torque pro working with Arduino science my car don’t have obd2 port, thanks for your great work.
By the way it’s any way to assign a dial background to a specific pid of arduino?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s cool – I don’t usually get much feedback (except when things go wrong), but the feedback from the arduino mods has been extremely welcome (and pretty cool what people are doing with it)

You can modify the theme (in the hidden .torque folder – download a theme and it’ll unpack it and create a ‘themeDir’ with various bits in) – to set a specific background pid you simply change the background to include the PID – ie: dial_background_0c.png

Loads more info in: https://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Themes on how to do stuff. I’m in the middle of a theme update so will be updating this page in the next week or so once the beta goes live

M@ttyG
on: May 13, 2017 (GMT)

Howdy Ian,

First of all, I would like to say thanks for having Arduino integration and support through the forums.

I was wondering if any further progress has been made with having the ability to override sensors that have been hardwired into widgets (i.e the Acceleration Widget and GPS).

I have search the forum and I must apologise if I have missed where you have detailed this further.

Cheers for all your Work,
Matt

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter