Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Air Fuel Ratio

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Air Fuel Ratio
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Air Fuel Ratio
on: June 1, 2011 (GMT)

You’re absolutely right, I’m blind.

If you’ve had that PID added from a while (over a month) ago, then it will be out of date.

If you go to the ‘header’ section of the PID editor, it *should* say ‘Auto’. If it is blank, then it likely won’t work

EDIT: It should be ok with the A/10 won’t cause an error/anything bad.

Aaron407
on: June 1, 2011 (GMT)

The header was indeed blank. I’ve typed Auto in the header field now and will see if it helps. Thanks for the advice!

Aaron407
on: June 2, 2011 (GMT)

Still no luck. Just to confirm, when you say it should say ‘Auto’, I took it to mean that it should be entered without the single quotes. Is this correct?

idea

Another question about the AFR PID…

PID: ff1249 gives me pretty accurate data from the narrowband but the data is in 14.7:X format which is the inverse of what most of us are used to looking at.

Tried to create a custom PID using ff1249 and I get no data..

even tried the equation A+B+C+D to check if any of the variables came back with a reply but still nothing… did I input the mode wrong? tried 221249 but no go also. what header should I use?

May I also know the standard equation being used?

Thanks,

Ian

piemmm
Administrator

ff1249 isn’t a PID. It’s an internal value inside Torque which isn’t generally accessible other than using an AIDL request (read: writing a plugin).

I’ll have a look at AFR tonight and sort the units out.

idea
on: June 3, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from admin on June 2, 2011
ff1249 isn’t a PID. It’s an internal value inside Torque which isn’t generally accessible other than using an AIDL request (read: writing a plugin).

I’ll have a look at AFR tonight and sort the units out.

Good to hear.. at least puts my mind at ease :)

Would like to report that YelloEye’s PID:01 34 and the accompanying equation works on my 2007 Subaru Forester XT. Will still be checking accuracy by comparing it to RomRaider logs.

Side question: Is it possible to do Custom PIDs that use data from 2 or more PIDs in the equation?
ex. (PID:0110 * 60)/PID:01Oc or (MAF*60)/Engine Speed

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 3, 2011 (GMT)

New version (with the adjusted AFR) is posted so that should be sorted now

You can’t combine PIDs in the equation editor, yet. Something for a later release :)

volvoturbo
on: June 10, 2011 (GMT)

Isn’t there a way that the AFR can be calculated by other working parameters? It’s not working on my car probably due to the car’s ECU/compatibility, but still curious.

Considering a wideband sensor with a physical gauge for accurate AFR. Too bad I cannot connect that to Torque (AFAIK). Already have a oil temp gauge (not supported on my car) and boost gauge (much faster response than by OBD).

Samsung Galaxy S (Android) and PLX KIWI bluetooth OBD-adapter …on a 2003 Volvo V40 (230 hp)

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 10, 2011 (GMT)

Have you ticked the ‘Faster comms’ option in the OBD2 setup? You’ll find that it makes a dramatic difference to PID read speeds increasing them greatly in most instances

Unfortunately there’s no way to calculate AFR if it is not supported by your ECU in the standard OBD command set – however, you may find that it exists as a custom PID (which the app supports) if you can locate the PID

volvoturbo
on: June 14, 2011 (GMT)

I have a good adapter and fast smartphone and also the setting is on “fast communication”, but I have 7 or 8 PIDs/sec. Not slow, but there’s definitely a delay of a second or so (maybe due to the bluetooth connection?). What should be normal?

Not sure about how to find/create a custom PID. I’ll have to do some more research on how that works then :)

edit: I saw this topic http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=797.0 which states that >15 should be normal. So, maybe it’s my ECU (2003) that is not delivering data fast enough…

Samsung Galaxy S (Android) and PLX KIWI bluetooth OBD-adapter …on a 2003 Volvo V40 (230 hp)

nextnme
on: October 5, 2011 (GMT)

2011 Camaro SS (V8)

Still no luck getting any measured Air/Fuel monitoring. I see that the one spreadsheet has a wideband AFR pid. (page 2: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106537&page=2)

But for stock O2 sensor, only “commanded” is being read (or is “green” in the menu). I tried three different ones last night (car was warmed up too).

Anyone get this working yet?

PID: 0134
Long Name: AFR2
Short Name: AFR
Min: 8.0
Max: 29.4
Scale: x1
Unit: “space” or none
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/32768)*14.68

PID: 0124
Long Name: Lambda
Short Name: AFR2
Min: 0.0
Max: 2.0
Unit: “space” or none
Equation: ((A*256)+B)/32768

PID: 0124
Long Name: AFR
Short Name: AFR
Min: 0.0
Max: 8.0
Unit: V
Equation: ((C*256)+D)/8192

piemmm
Administrator

Those are PIDs for the O2 sensors, which should work fine

It’ll be interesting if you could provide a debug with those PIDs on screen – start the app, let it connect, go to the realtime info scree with those sensors visible, wait a short while. Then press ‘menu->more…->send debugging info’, make sure you write something in the description like ‘camaro afr test’ so I know who it’s from (and what its about)

I’ll be able to see if your vehicle supports O2 sensor readings (which it should do)

nextnme

Ok. I will do that.

I have a screen just for those three gages running all at once.

nextnme

Debugg sent.

A buddy of mine with HPTuners said that pid.6160 (wb lambda b1) or pid.6161 (wb lambda b2) might work? I dont have a wideband tho…

celblazer

If someone more info on what else needs to be input for the PID for the WB I can test it out on my 09 Chevy that does have a WB sensor.

Quote from nextnme on October 5, 2011
Debugg sent.

A buddy of mine with HPTuners said that pid.6160 (wb lambda b1) or pid.6161 (wb lambda b2) might work? I dont have a wideband tho…

09 HHR SS, 06 Jetta GLI, 01 Sebring, 89 Shelby, 65 Mustang, Droid D2 R2-D2 edition, Nook Color (cyanogen 2.3)

piemmm
Administrator

That might work as(assuming it’s a mode 22 PID) :

PID: 226160
Equation: 14.7 / (1 / A ) (this is a guess)

nextnme:

Got the debugs, thanks!

Have had a look – the response from the ECU indicates that you don’t have any monitorable O2 sensors (which is what the AFR measured is based on), so it’s impossible to work out the AFR using the standard OBD2 PIDs (which explains why it’s not working in your case)

This means that we’ll need to find the extended Mode 21, or Mode 22 PID for AFR (which the above *might* work)

nextnme
on: October 6, 2011 (GMT)

Well thats not really good news :-( i guess i’m puzzled because my DiabloSport Predator can log and monitor (on the tiny handheld predator screen) the afr. I’ll have to see what pids that uses.

I got the Torque Scan app and need to see how that goes…

piemmm
Administrator

Once I’ve got the track recorder export done, I’ll be spending some time on the TorqueScan app making it a *lot* more user friendly and usable (it’s a little bit techie oriented at the moment)

That’ll help people who want to find PIDs out.

steeleshark2

I know this can be done. I see the o2 sensor voltages on the standard pids. I also use to own the Diablosport Predator which gives AFR for the camaro. The dav has a lot to do then to work with one car. We just need to get our resources together to figure this out.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

If you have the sensor voltages, then it will already be working for you in the app, if not *please* send me a debug so I can have a look (though I have tested this a lot and it’s working here!)

In the case of the other posters debug, his ECU capabilities were:
7E8 06 4100 BFFFB993
7E8 06 4120 8007E019
7E8 06 4140 FED00000

Which do not include the O2 sensor equiv, so in that posters instance, it’s not going to work as the sensors simply aren’t available, specifically, if you look at the sensor block for 0x20 for his vehicle, as reported by the ECU, these are the supported sensors (which exclude the O2 sensors):

01 21 2 Distance traveled with malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on 0 65,535 km (A*256)+B
01 2E 1 Commanded evaporative purge 0 100 % 100*A/255
01 2F 1 Fuel Level Input 0 100 % 100*A/255
01 30 1 # of warm-ups since codes cleared 0 255 N/A A
01 31 2 Distance traveled since codes cleared 0 65,535 km (A*256)+B
01 32 2 Evap. System Vapor Pressure -8,192 8,192 Pa ((A*256)+B)/4 - 8,192
01 33 1 Barometric pressure 0 255 kPa (Absolute) A
01 3C 2 Catalyst TemperatureBank 1, Sensor 1 -40 6,513.5 °C ((A*256)+B)/10 -40
01 3D 2 Catalyst TemperatureBank 2, Sensor 1 -40 6,513.5 °C ((A*256)+B)/10 -40
01 40 4 PIDs supported 41-60 (?) Bit encoded [A7..D0] == [PID 0x41..PID 0x60] (?)

Unfortunately O2 voltages from 0x01 14 can’t be used as they will be different between types of sensor (as well as oscillating)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.075 seconds.

Follow me on twitter