Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ford 6.0 Diesel EOT

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Ford 6.0 Diesel EOT
frostyjhammer
Post Re: Ford 6.0 Diesel EOT
on: June 20, 2011 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply.

Can’t copy/paste from my droid to my Mac, so I typed in that equation, and (as you noticed) left out one of the leading left parentheses. The equation as entered into my droid is actually:

((((A*256)+B)/100)-40)*(9/5)+32

It looks like the app gets a value, then complains about the value. As if it’s not in the range from -40.0 to 300.0

Interestingly, if I remove the unit conversion for Centigrade to Fahrenheit, it stops giving me the error. That is, this works:

((((A*256)+B)/100)-40)

F-350 with the 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

It should work with either of those equations – make sure a stray space or dodgy character hasn’t got into there somewhere….

If you use the Celsius conversion which you have working, put C into the units, and then select ‘Fahrenheit’ in the preferred units then the app should do the conversion internally for you

I’ll have a look tonight, but that equation looks fine to me. I might add a ‘test’ button in the next couple of updates though.

frostyjhammer

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m trying. Taking a clue from the orignal post, I put “Deg.C” (without the quotes) into the Unit Type.

I’ll let you know how it works on my 2005 F-350 6.0L PSD.

frostyjhammer

Have an EOT (Engine Oil Temperature) reading, now, 103.2, which might be the correct value in degrees F. Will verify against a borrowed Edge unit.

The face of the dial reads “Deg.C” (without the quotes) which is different from the Coolant dial, which reads “xF” where “x” represents a question mark inside of a diamond (square rotated 45 degrees). Looks like the app is using a character that’s not in my droid’s character set. I’ll try to post a picture.

OK, I’ll try again to post a picture.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103013618439210892636/TorqueAppForDroid?authkey=Gv1sRgCOLZw6GczteskwE#5620351223101646210

frostyjhammer
on: July 2, 2011 (GMT)

EOT reading never changes. Also… I got an update to torque app but still does not like the value returned from the equation. Questions: (1) is “C” the unit for degrees Celsius or is it “Deg.C” ? (2) is that new “test” function in the new release?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

If you’re using extended PIDs, then you really want to be using the paid version of the app as the support for extended PIDs is far greater (plus there’s a couple of bugs fixed for specific vehicle types)

The test function is only in the full (paid) version of the app at the moment, if testing goes ok, it will be out last thing this weekend

(there’s also a couple of unit fixes going in the update this weekend as well)

frostyjhammer

Bought it, and now notice that “Engine Oil Temperature” is already one of my choices.

Should I try to use that one? Or add a custom PID?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Thats the standard OBD2 PID for oil temp, (not an extended one) so it depends if the vehicle supports it (if you are connected when the list is visible, and it turns green, then you should be in luck and the sensor should work)

There’s also a list of predefined PIDs in the settings (Menu->Settings->Manage extra PIDs/Sensors->Menu->Add predefined set) which also has an extended PID for engine oil temp (which I’m told does work on a few vehicles), this is probably the PID you want

Regards,

Ian

arutter
on: February 23, 2012 (GMT)

Hi ive got a 03′ Ford Focus SVT/ST170 and i can get Coolant temp , RPM etc however i cant seem to get the Engine Oil Temp to work…

Ive tried adding using the custom PID’s for EOT

PID: 221310
Short Name: EOT
Unit type: c
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/100)-40

However i get no information on the dials, if i hit the “TEST” button on this PID i get the following:

Testing PID
Result for equation: [No response]
Command:221310
Response:7F2213100012

Any Ideas?

amdriven2liv
on: February 23, 2012 (GMT)

The PIDs in the list for EOT is for 6.0L diesels.

Northwest United States

arutter
on: February 24, 2012 (GMT)

Dammit…

Anyone know the PID for the FOCUS engines?

Cheers

whanner
on: June 20, 2012 (GMT)

This worked on my 2006 F-350. Any updates with the tranny and coolant temps being the same value?

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 21, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Have you added the ford specific PIDs? The Ford specific TCM coolant PID is called ‘Transmission Fluid Temp’ when viewing the list of PIDs (ignore the others)

bustedknuckles
on: July 25, 2012 (GMT)

I have a 2006 Ford F250 with Powerstroke 6.0 Liter Diesel

I downloaded the Ford PID’s and EOT did not work for me.

I entered the following equation:
((((A*256)+B)/100)-40)

I Entered in the Units:
C

That is simply a cap C. I let the App convert to Farenheit for me.

Hey, and it works fine.

Thanks for all the great posts in this thread!

Larry202br
on: December 23, 2012 (GMT)

I downloaded the extended PIDs,and I’m having no luck. when I use the Engine oil Temp PID on my 2004 6.0, it just reads “32” Aand never changes.

Can anyone help?

amdriven2liv
on: December 25, 2012 (GMT)

Go into Manage PIDs and select “edit” EOT and see what the equation is.

Then verify it with the equation posted above.

Northwest United States

badpeanut
on: October 30, 2013 (GMT)

Hello, I’m a full time college student with one more year to a B.A. but I’m also a auto technician, my old scan tools are crap for later models…I do some work when I can…need to see data stream, codes, koeo, koer, injector buzz at least, is this possible for up to 2008 powerstroke? I also have a degree in electronics and have built some boards and stuff…a guy gave me a brand new megasquirt 2 kit that he didn’t put together…maybe I’ll do that this winter. Any help with the Powerstrokes would be awesome…I can’t afford a scanner right now. Thanks!

Full time student, part time auto tech.

Capp777
on: November 1, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from badpeanut on October 30, 2013
Hello, I’m a full time college student with one more year to a B.A. but I’m also a auto technician, my old scan tools are crap for later models…I do some work when I can…need to see data stream, codes, koeo, koer, injector buzz at least, is this possible for up to 2008 powerstroke? I also have a degree in electronics and have built some boards and stuff…a guy gave me a brand new megasquirt 2 kit that he didn’t put together…maybe I’ll do that this winter. Any help with the Powerstrokes would be awesome…I can’t afford a scanner right now. Thanks!

IMHO Torque Pro is well worth the cost plus its free plugins like Track Recorder which turns your phone into a dash cam with superimposed map and gauges. Excellent!

There is a lot of information available for your 6.0L but executing a “buzz
test” is not currently possible. There is a way to send obdii elm327 commands if you know the proper commands.

Hope this helps…

ohidave
on: November 26, 2013 (GMT)

Looking for advice/comments on how to get started with comparing EOT and Coolent Temp with Torque App & BAFX Blu/scan for recently purchased used 2004 350 6.0 diesel with 64k miles on it. Wanted to view the above as I start to use the truck for my 3K lb. camper to see if I have any oil/EGT cooler issues. Planning on Bullit proof upgrades in the near future but want to use truck before I do this. I do not use any coolent and runs well so far in local driving. Was thinking of buying Edge CTS but the Torque App seems to have it all plus logging. Any suggestions or comments are very welcomed.

2004 350 superduty 6.0 diesel

MPD56
on: November 26, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from ohidave on November 26, 2013
Looking for advice/comments on how to get started with comparing EOT and Coolent Temp with Torque App & BAFX Blu/scan for recently purchased used 2004 350 6.0 diesel with 64k miles on it. Wanted to view the above as I start to use the truck for my 3K lb. camper to see if I have any oil/EGT cooler issues. Planning on Bullit proof upgrades in the near future but want to use truck before I do this. I do not use any coolent and runs well so far in local driving. Was thinking of buying Edge CTS but the Torque App seems to have it all plus logging. Any suggestions or comments are very welcomed.

I believe that there is PIDs for the 6.0L in the “Add Predefined Sensors”.

Press
Menu>Settings> Manage extra PIDs/Sensors>Menu> Add predefined set>Ford (Including Powerstroke)

Video Link Below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWR6qsTQYHc

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.122 seconds.

Follow me on twitter