Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Consult BT

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Consult BT
dohmar
Post Re: Consult BT
on: August 4, 2016 (GMT)

Thanks Ian
Not sure if this helps (As I cant confirm this is OBD1 or 2) but this is the order of streaming data from Nissan Consult 1 supposedly.
http://alflash.com.ua/Consult/DataStream.pdf

-D

R32 GTR Owner aiming to get Torque Pro working reliably via ConsultBT

Hardware: Parrot Asteroid Smart, Track Electronics ConsultBT Bluetooth
Software : Default Parrot Asteroid Smart Android 2.3, Torque Pro 1.8.2

Elgrand E50
on: August 25, 2016 (GMT)

How close are you to having the update finished so Torque will work properly with the Consult BT?

Elgrand E50
on: September 5, 2016 (GMT)

Any news on the uodate?

trekmtbr89
on: September 8, 2016 (GMT)

also very interested in this. I have the consultBT adapter in my 1990 Skyline. It connects to the adapter fine, but will not read from the ECU. Let me know if I can be of any help.

trekmtbr89
on: September 21, 2016 (GMT)

Willing to help or send some money to make this happen.

Elgrand E50
on: October 3, 2016 (GMT)

It has been nearly two months since your last reply. Has anything changed in regard to getting Consult BT to work? Have you been putting any changes for it in the beta?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

I’ve not recently been looking at it (though I’m now looking at it tonight after reminding me, thanks) – The debugs you sent are good, except for the fact that the ECU simply stops responding (even thought the requests to it are fine) and from that point on it refuses to talk.

The next update will have some changes to the consult protocol support to try to help see what’s going on (this will be tonight or tomorrow in terms of an update being sent out)

piemmm
Administrator

Small addendum, think I may have found the issue – it appears asking for the MAF sensor output causes the issue. I’ve commented it out in the next beta update (tonight) and it will be interesting to see if this cures your issue.

If it does, then I have some more coding to do to sort that out. Apparently calling a non-present sensor in consult causes it to basically stop (at least, that’s what the debugs hint at)

Elgrand E50
on: October 5, 2016 (GMT)

I have tested the beta today and it is now showing speed but not with enough refreshing. It takes a couple of seconds to update to the correct speed after an increase. It is still showing temp correctly. It seems to show some sort of throttle position increase but not a correct one. I have sent through a debug with my user name.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 6, 2016 (GMT)

Thanks

I’m going to look at this today – are you saying it is working (or at least polling) better than before? (even if the values are off)?

Elgrand E50

I wouldn’t say it is working properly. The speed dial is working correctly, just a little slow. I can increase speed by about 20kmh before the needle registers the increase but once it registers it is correct. The throttle position is registering but way off and didn’t get above 5. The coolant temp is working correctly. The other gauges are not responding at all. So no revs or oil temp. The oil temp is probably not included in the consult system though.
If you can let me know which gauges you want me to put on the screen I will put them on and send through another debug.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Throttle position is a voltage reading (which is now fixed) – you’ve said it’s not gone over 5v so I’m going to put that as ‘100%’ in the next update

RPM is a double transaction (in consult speak) so that’ll be looked at in a bit (next update or so). You’ve given me a decent debug that I can use as a baseline for the protocol now and know that the MAF sensor for some reason was causing it ti all lock up, so I’ll need to code something to recover the connection then as well. I’ll put some changes in the next update which should be in a few hours and it will be interesting to get a debug from there as well

Dials, would be: RPM, Speed, Throttle position, MAF

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok, I’ve spent most of the day re-writing how the ConsultBT support should work.

Good things:
RPM should now work.

Not so good things:
Not tested yet (Got to make the test harness based on your debugs, so I’m relying on you for this with debugs at the moment :-)) it may not work at all, but that will be something simple enough to fix – if you could test and send a debug that’d be great!

Update .125 should be out in the next few hours

Elgrand E50

I have just tested it. I don’t have a rpm needle on my gauge for some reason and didn’t yesterday either. It is still not connecting fully to the ecu, the car symbol is constantly flashing and keeps saying connecting to consult bt adaptor then consultbt is in beta. Speed is taking around 15 seconds to update. Throttle position is better, but I did an ignition on test and when accelerator is fully depressed and it is reading 77.6. I sent a debug but I forgot to add maf so I will do that soon and send another debug.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 7, 2016 (GMT)

Got the debug, thanks! was helpful

I’ve made some changes – there was a small issue when pulling RPM data which was why it wasn’t updating. Hopefully this is now working (though I’m not sure on the numbers coming out yet, so feedback welcome :-))

This should also be a little faster with a bit of luck!

Once this is stable (which should be in this or the next update with a bit of luck) then I’ll re-add the MAF sensor support and we’ll see how that then works as it was originally a problematic sensor on consult and we’ll get that sorted. Once it’s done then I can add all of the remaining sensors to the app

The updates should be visible to you in the next hour or two :)

Elgrand E50

How do I fix my rpm gauge? The gauge has no needle on it. Would removing the gauge and then adding it again fix do you think.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

It should fix itself when it gets fresh data, otherwise if the settings for it have been changed then recreating it will fix it. Make sure the RPM max in the vehicle profile is set to something sensible like 7000

Elgrand E50
on: October 9, 2016 (GMT)

I sent through a debug with the new update. I now have RPM. I added the MAF gauge but it doesn’t work as yet. So now I have Speed, Rpm, and Coolant Temp which are displaying the right values, just a little slow on polling. Throttle position but not a correct reading, it is still showimg 77.6 when pedal is fully depressed. Maf is doing nothing as yet. Looks like we are getting there slowly. Let me know what you need me to do next.

cintakc
on: October 9, 2016 (GMT)

Elgrand E50
I’m on the Toyota Throttle Position Sensor ShowImg 79.6, when the pedal is fully depressed.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 10, 2016 (GMT)

Hi!

Adding a boatload of sensors to the next update for Consult – there’s not much I can do about the speed at the moment as it’s simply how the protocol is designed to work (it’s not great)…… for the moment getting it working properly with all the available sensors is the most important part

The MAF sensor which was originally the issue was removed (as it didn’t respond to requests anyway, so was a bit pointless) and I’ve used the voltage output instead (against a static table, which is not great, but better than nothing) – this will give a decent approximation for most vehicles that use a standard MAF lookup table

Pages: 1 [2] 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.

Follow me on twitter