Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bluetooth disconnects intermittenly

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bluetooth disconnects intermittenly
nfshp253
Post Bluetooth disconnects intermittenly
on: May 15, 2016 (GMT)

Hi, I’m using an OBDLink LX on my 2015 Volvo S80 D2 with my Android 5.1 device. However, I’m facing problems with the OBDLink disconnecting sometimes. Even when disconnected (and readouts frozen in Torque), Torque still says ECU is connected. Sometimes after a while, it reconnects to the adapter and everything works again but other times it doesn’t reconnect successfully. If I’m lucky, the bluetooth connection remains solid for the entire trip. Anyone has any solutions to this?

Capp777
Post Re: Bluetooth disconnects intermittenly
on: May 15, 2016 (GMT)

Don’t know if this is your issue but some users
have reported similar issues due to lower than
expected voltage at the DLC. For them it would
start working when above idle?

Long shot for sure.

nfshp253
on: May 16, 2016 (GMT)

What’s the DLC?

cintakc

OBD-II Data Link Connector (DLC)

benharris

Looks like the Stepper motors (on start up)on my Glowshift guages are somehow interfering with the torque pro communication and shutting down my engine. Has anyone else had this happen?

nfshp253

Can you please not hijack the thread?

How do I fix insufficient voltage at the DLC?

cintakc

check the tester to begin with, a voltage on the DLC

barronsco
on: December 6, 2016 (GMT)

I have OBDLink MX. I’m no expert here but this seemed to worked for me.

1) Tap the little gear from the start up screen of the app on the low left of the screen. Looks like a sprocket.
2) Then tap “Settings” in the popup window.
3) Then tap “OBD2 Adapter Settings”.
4) Swipe down 12 line items and look for “ScanTool.net (OBDLink) Power Savings”. Uncheck the box if it has a check in it.
The adapter looks like it goes to sleep when my phone isn’t bluetooth connected. I see the green LED flash slowly.

I had my phone plugged in and the app was constantly visible and running. When the charger cord fell out of my outlet I saw the screen read Sleeping and I couldn’t get the Realtime Information to come back on by tapping or going from 1 icon to another.
I had to either disconnect/connect the adapter or restart the vehicle to get readings working again. I tried to disconnect bluetooth and reconnect.
If I leave out of the app my predefined pids quit working and have to restart the vehicle or disconnect/connect the adapter.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.053 seconds.

Follow me on twitter