Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Losing my gauges

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Losing my gauges
jjob222
Post Losing my gauges
on: April 23, 2016 (GMT)

So I have my gauges set up and working ok, if I stop and do not use the app for a few days, next time I turn on the device with Torque pro installed all of my gauges have gone.
I am using a motorola smart phone as my device. Any ideas how to prevent this from happening as I find it very frustrating having to reset the app and re-add my gauges every time I go to use the app?
So as it is now each time I start Torque pro it starts as normal, when I click real time monitoring I just have all gauge pages blank!

Any help would be appreciated

John

F-150Torqued
Post Re: Losing my gauges
on: April 25, 2016 (GMT)

I realize it would only be a temporary workaround for you until you can get a better solution, but can you “export” your dashboard to a file name – which could be “imported” again if they chose to go bye-bye again?

I have found it best to not modify the “Default” Dashboard for my vehicle – but leave the Default there, and create a separate named dashboard for each of my vehicles – and Check the box in setup to use separate dashboards. (That is because My HTC EVO 3d has reverted to the Default a couple of times…… Ugggh)

EDIT——
PS. I wish Lan would allow the dashboard “export” facility to export ONLY one page. I do not always want to “Import” the entire Dashboard setup – if I decide I want to test a different system, say- Transmission parameters temporarily.

———-

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 25, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

What version of Android is the phone using – it’s important as some older devices handled SD cards (where torque stores the dashboards) differently. If it’s an older device then bear in mind that the SD card becomes inaccessible when used as external storage

If it’s a newer device (say, android 4.0+) then it will be a different issue possibly due to permissions. If you have for example flashed the device with a differnet ROM, and not cleared the storage fully, then torque could encounter a previous installation files that it has no permission to access (from the previous OS install) – in that instance your dashboards will also unable to be saved.

Also, make sure you’re using the latest version from Google Play

Are you losing the dashboard layout, or are some gauges just showing ‘ExtPID not found’?

F-150Torqued
on: April 26, 2016 (GMT)

HTC EVO 3d, Model PG86100, Android version 4.0.3, HHOBD Adapter.

I have ONLY experienced the App reverting to the Default dashboard – not ‘technically’ loosing gauges. (perhaps 5 times over the 3 years that I have been using Torque). Also simultaneously lost additional PIDs that have been added. I suspect it does have something to do with hardware (SD card availability). I have unchecked “Faster Communication”, stopped modifying Default vehicle profile – instead, creating separate profile for each vehicle and checking “use separate dashboard” and save dashboards occasionally.

Hasn’t happened in a while (9 months). Certainly NOT a huge problem. All-in-All, Torque is STILL the best App that I have ever added to my phone. And the apps support is nothing short of phenomenal.

———-

piemmm
Administrator

Hm – it shouldn’t do that (it keeps a backup of the dashboard itself as well so if it can’t read the latest one, it should at least fall back to a recent one)

I’ll look into that as it could be something strange with the ‘separate dashboard layouts’ option….. only one last thing I can think of – do you use any task killers or the “close all” option in android a lot? (trying to think of what could be causing it so I can get a grip on fixing)

F-150Torqued

_Very_ seldom have used task killer. Do not run Vlingo or other Bluetooth devices except occasional phone ear bud. Do not have many Apps loaded on the phone. Have moved Torque back on phone instead of SD Card.

I do not consider this a problem deserving of serious effort, as it has been infrequent considering the amount of use and the high likelihood of hardware glitch or interference by other software. But I would reduce the number of dashboard screen setting (now 15) if I could export / import a single pages dedicated to monitoring a single OBD system. I would like to create others that do not seem worthy of adding more pages to the dashboard – other than a periodic, temporary look-see. (such as a page with ALL the temperature readings on one page (Coolant, CHT, IAT, Ambient, Oil Temp, Trans Temp, Fan speed switch – etc.). I love Torque!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.024 seconds.

Follow me on twitter