Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » No fault code

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: No fault code
whalene
Post No fault code
on: May 12, 2011 (GMT)

I have had a reoccurring issue where the check engine light will come on for about 3 days. It will then turn off by itself for a couple of weeks and then it itself back on again for another 3 days. I was not sure if there was something wrong with the computer sensor, but when it came on today, I had torque check for any fault codes and it says that there are no fault codes. Any idea why it would show no fault codes but the check engine light is currently on?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: No fault code
on: May 13, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Can you connect, try to pull the fault codes, then go to the ‘realtime information’ activity, press ‘menu’->more…->send comms debug log and I’ll have a look

What make/model vehicle is it?

whalene
on: May 29, 2011 (GMT)

This is a debug file for the developer. You can just press ‘Send’ or add a description of what the problem is and the developer will have a better chance of fixing any bugs in Torque.
Thanks!

Device Info:
—————
Brand: samsung
Board: aries
Device: captivatemtd
Build id: google/soju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys
Model: SGH-I897
Product: soju
Tags: test-keys
Type: user
Id: GRJ22
Version: 2.3.4
SDK: 10
UserBuildId: GRJ22
Application version: 1.1.29
Fast mode: false
Disable Speed adaption: false

1306638571847 *** class java.lang.NumberFormatException:unable to parse ‘v1’ as integer ***
unable to parse ‘v1’ as integer java.lang.Integer.parse(Integer.java:383)_ java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:372)_ a.t.a(Unknown Source)_ a.w.a(Unknown Source)_ a.v.a(Unknown Source)_ a.v.run(Unknown Source)_
1306638571933 *** class java.lang.NumberFormatException:unable to parse ‘so’ as integer ***
unable to parse ‘so’ as integer java.lang.Integer.parse(Integer.java:383)_ java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:372)_ a.t.a(Unknown Source)_ a.w.a(Unknown Source)_ a.v.a(Unknown Source)_ a.v.run(Unknown Source)_

piemmm
Administrator

Ah, you’re using the free version. Unfortunately that doesn’t put out enough debugging information to debug faults like this.

It could be due to a number of things (most likely starting at the adapter if it is a clone, not receiving the command correctly), it could also be that vehicles like Mazda fault code reporting isn’t fully supported in the free version (but the paid version does)

Ian

whalene

Thanks. I installed the paid version and it showed the fault code. It is a P2096. I didn’t realize that you need to have the paid version to get the fault codes.

piemmm
Administrator

The free version has basic fault code support – the paid version has better fault code support for more vehicles, that’s the only difference really (the paid versions more up-to-date with bugfixes than the free one)

dreamkacher
on: July 17, 2017 (GMT)

Hi I have a 2003 Mercedes ML500. A review site recommended I use Torque Pro with a Foseal wifi diagnostic obd2 interface. I get a list of vitals; rpm, temp, speed… etc., about a dozen. However I see no fault codes listed anywhere. Past, present, or future. I am using Torque Lite, but I see no reason to get Torque Pro if it doesn’t read codes at all. Am I doing something wrong? I’m connecting through the wifi option.

Okay. I bought the Torque Pro version. Now I see a “scan fault code” option. But it says I must connect to the ECU. How do I do that? It also says “Bluetooth Enabled” even though I am connected through wifi. It also says I am not connected to the obd2 adapter…. but my phone says I am connected through wifi. Basically…. still no fault codes showing…. that’s what I ‘m looking for. Any suggestions? I am ordering a different obd2 device that does have bluetooth. Will that make a difference or is there something wrong with my ECU?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.

Follow me on twitter