Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » How to get Track Recorder to store on Galaxy S5 SD Card?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to get Track Recorder to store on Galaxy S5 SD Card?
Verocious
Post How to get Track Recorder to store on Galaxy S5 SD Card?
on: March 9, 2016 (GMT)

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and would like to have Track Recorder store on my external SD card.

When I first open Track Recorder, the free storage bar initially shows the SD card storage as 100% free, then immediately changes to display the Internal storage ~50% free. It always records to Internal storage. The free display and the recording location behave the same regardless if I’ve selected External or Internal recording location.

I’ve been searching and found a post by Ian that mentions that the Samsung phones treat the SD card as another type of Internal storage.

How to I get the Galaxy S5 configured correctly?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: How to get Track Recorder to store on Galaxy S5 SD Card?

Hi

An update to the track recorder is coming – the storage areas a while ago kept changing (and manufacturers doing their own thing) which made things a bit of a pain to maintain. Android has since caught up a little to this and provides some better tools for the job

Wait for the update if you can… I’m working on it at the moment and then it will be sent out in the next week or so. I’m catching up with this at the moment as I did originally intend for an update to be released nearing december of last year, but things didn’t work out with testing

Verocious

Okay, thanks. For what its worth, ES File Explorer reports the external card as: /storage/extSdCard.

Verocious
on: March 30, 2016 (GMT)

Any idea when the Track Recorder update will be released? I have an event this weekend!

Maartenk
on: June 13, 2016 (GMT)

What is the release date for this update?

fordrwd4ever
on: June 26, 2016 (GMT)

If you root your phone, there is a workaround…

There is a app called FolderMount,that can redirect a folder to another folder on the sdcard.

I have made a redirection from the TorqueRecorder folder to the folder TorqueRecorder on my sdcard.

Works a treat, TorqueRecorder still thinks it’s using the internal memory.
But in fact it’s recording to my sdcard.

Verocious
on: June 26, 2016 (GMT)

I’m just not comfortable rooting my company phone at this time. I may change my mind though since Track Recorder is pretty much useless without being able to store on my external SD Card.

Verocious
on: June 27, 2016 (GMT)

I spent all afternoon researching and trying to root my phone. Turns out that Verizon makes it impossible. Rooting becomes available via Kingroot or Towelroot, but then these programs no longer work when Verizon releases new updates. Anyway, I cannot root.

I would think it would be fairly simple to determine where the active external SD Card is mounted to. There must be way to do this and add it to Track Recorder.

Track Recorder has not received an update since 2014! I would really like to see an update and would gladly pay for this app! It would be nice to see lap timing features added as well.

fordrwd4ever
on: July 11, 2016 (GMT)

If your Galaxy S5 is running Android 6 then you can reformat the external sd card as internal memory.

Then all programs and data will use the sdcard.

Unfortunary it has to be done with a pc,as Samsung did remove the option from the rom..

Take a look @ http://www.modaco.com/news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

However it is possible for an Android app to write in a subfolder in it’s own install location.

So,if the Track Recorder just installs to the sdcard the problem is solved..

Take a look at a big app like Navigon,that asks where you want the data installed.
And yes,all 3 GB of data is in a subfolder /Android/data/com.navigon.eu.checkout in the external sdcard.

Verocious
on: October 6, 2016 (GMT)

Ian,

Can you make a settings option for Track Recorder so that folks may specify the name of the SD card for their phone? That way the program doesn’t have to figure it out. Just a thought. I need to be able to record to my external SD card.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.067 seconds.

Follow me on twitter