Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Sorry more Ford connecting problems.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sorry more Ford connecting problems.
DugS
Post Sorry more Ford connecting problems.
on: May 7, 2011 (GMT)

Hello there,

Am having the classic problem of not being able to load protocols on a cheapo 327 dongle from ebay.

It’s not a problem with the torque app, I am convinced it is because I have got a cheapo unit from ebay as my laptop also cant connect to the ECU but can link up over bluetooth. The furthest I got was with EasyOBD.

What I would really like to find out is. Is my car OBD2 compliant? It is a 2002(52 plate) Ford Focus UK 1.6 Zetec petrol. I’m pretty sure it is but would like to know for sure.

Also is it just a case of getting the seller to send me another dongle that they know will work, I have asked them to send me one that has been tested on the Ford (J1850-PWM) protocol.

Has anyone else had any luck with a cheapo ebay dongle on a 2002 UK Ford Focus?

Sorry if this is covering old ground but I really like the look of the torque app and want to start using it.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Sorry more Ford connecting problems.

Hi

Pretty much every ford after 2000 supportts OBD2. Even my Y reg(2000) Mondeo does.

It’s going to be the adapter. Unfortunately this is a *very* common problem with the blue/yellow labelled adapters. Don’t hold your hopes up on the replacement.

Interestingly it seems to be a particular batch of these adapters that just plain don’t work with some Fords.

DugS

Thanks, is it Ian?

Yeah it’s deffo the adapter. Should I just try another seller and see if I get lucky? I’m encouraged that it’s mostly a dodgy batch, can’t quite stretch to £100 for a decent adapter.

red5goahead
on: March 10, 2012 (GMT)

I’ve problem too with my Ford Focus II 2.0 Cgn bought in 2010.

These are my screenshots from Torque.

Note that sometimes in Vehicle Obd standard the string “European…” appear

Note than iso15756-4CAN11/500 seems different than J1850…
so why it doesn’t work?

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 11, 2012 (GMT)

@Dug:
You should be able to ask the seller for a replacement as they do know some adapters are bad – with a bit of luck you should get a better one without much hassle

@red:
Yes, newer fords use the CAN protocol, older ones use the J1850-PWM protocol

From the screenshots the adapter appears to be connected okay, but appears to be responding a bit slowly

You haven’t said what the problem you are having is exactly? – from the screenshots it looks to be working (ignoring the 1 ‘other fault’ – if that gets higher then it could well be an issue with the adapter)

red5goahead

thank you for the reply.
The issue is that only water temperature work. no other sensor show any data. Sometimes such as every two / three minutes in appear a single value in rev data.

red5goahead

A bit slowly? 0.1 Seconds is slowly?

piemmm
Administrator

Hm, you should be getting more than that…

It sounds like it could be an adapter issue – can you do the following:

* Reboot your phone
* Download the latest update of the app from the Android Market
* Enable debugging in the ‘General Preferences’ screen (scroll to the bottom to see the option)
* Quit and restart the app

* Let it connect and show the displays for about a minute
* Go to the ‘Realtime Information’ screen, press menu->more->send debugging info and write your forum name in the description box (so I know who it’s from)

I’ll have a look here and wil be able to confirm if it’s the adapter or not

red5goahead
on: March 14, 2012 (GMT)

I have discovered what is the problem. The adapter and Torque work fine!

My Ford Focus 2.0 have a Cgn fuel system made by Brc Gas Equipment (http://www.brc.it/) certifed by Ford that sell the car “as Focus CGN”

If I turn off the Cgn system Torque work fine.

Probably this equipment is already connected to the obd2 system so perhaps Toqrue and the adapter became incompatible.

TorqueFord
on: November 19, 2019 (GMT)

My 2005 Ford Mondeo Mk3 is having connection problems between my Cheapo OBDII WiFi adapter and Torque Pro, what confuses me is that I’ve downloaded several FREE OBDII apps. and they will communicate with this cheapo device, which begs the question why won’t the Torque Pro app. that I purchased not communicate?????????/

cooldriver
on: November 25, 2019 (GMT)

Use forscan, much more options.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.

Follow me on twitter