Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » smart fortwo info

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: smart fortwo info
paolo
Post smart fortwo info
on: February 1, 2016 (GMT)

hello to all and congratulations for the forum. I ask an information smart fortwo linking obd2 and using application tource while I do the test I will turn a light on the dashboard with orange triangle, this light comes on only when I connect the obd2 and before connecting it gave no errors, the diagnosis does not detect anomalies and when I disconnect the obd2 the orange light will not light, why is this happening? thank you all and I hope it is clear my English, thanks Paul

Smarti
Post Re: smart fortwo info
on: November 22, 2016 (GMT)

Hello

I also have a 2003 smart fortwo.
But in my car the triangle light lights also before I put in the dongle.

Ron

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: smart fortwo info
on: November 28, 2016 (GMT)

Hi

The triangle light(from memory as I used to own a mk.6 fortwo) can mean that the trust+ system is deactivated. Check your fuses if this is on without an adapter plugged in as it is part of the vehicles stability control system

On some adapters (usually cheap clones on ebay) the adapter can also cause issues. Check the protocol your smart uses and then set that protocol in the vehicle profile (advanced settings, and set the protocol there, or set it to ‘Automatic – Fast’). If the light continues to light after resetting the ignition and trying again, then it’s possible that your OBD2 adapter itself could be causing the issue (depending on the protocol used, if it’s CANBUS, then some adapters aren’t terminated properly for this network and can cause problems when the engine modules try to talk to each other, usually blocking communications)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.056 seconds.

Follow me on twitter