Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » MPG & Fuel Cost

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MPG & Fuel Cost
emagnee
Post MPG & Fuel Cost
on: January 24, 2016 (GMT)

Hi. I’ve been using Torque Pro for about a month now, and it is great. There are a couple of things, however, that I cannot seem to get dialed-in. I’ve just spent the past couple of hours searching through these forums, yet haven’t found a relevant answer.

1) In order to get my MPG readings even close to reality (manual calculation and on-board computer – which match quite well with each other), I have to adjust my VE to ~55%. I have a 2014 F-150 with the 3.5L twin-turbo ecoboost, so I’m sure this value is WAY off. I’ve tried using Torque’s built-in VE guage, but it never displays any data. I do have the fast communications, enhanced MPG calculations, and US gallons options checked.

2) The Fuel Cost display is inaccurate. On a recent trip, Torque shows that I used 3.34 gallons. With the entered price of .56/gal., the cost should be .21, yet Torque displays .34. I’ve seen this issue was addressed a few years ago and presumably fixed, so I don’t know why I’m seeing it now.

As I stated, I have the suggested settings correct, and have triple-checked all other settings. I see zero errors in the Adapter Status screen. Any suggestions?

Solitaire
Post Re: MPG & Fuel Cost
on: December 12, 2016 (GMT)

I have the same problem with my 2014 Ford F-150 with Ecoboost. You would think of setting the VE to 100% (or close to it) for a 3.5l twin Turbo DOHC 24V V6, but that has the opposite effect (even though my vacuum /boost sits at 0 most if the time), so wound up setting VE to 55 (& still off, but much closer) unless running 65 MPH with boost/vacuum at 0. Does anyone have an idea of what to use for the correct settings to get the correct MPG???

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4 4×4 w/ Ecoboost 3.5l Twin Turbo DOHC 24v V6 (365HP 420lb-ft)

farlakes
Post Re: MPG & Fuel Cost
on: December 12, 2016 (GMT)

Dayum guys, with that much Power under the hood, you really care about MPG? On this side of the water we pay close to TEN times More for a litre of gas… and 30 mpg is not eco-friendly. You guys don’t need that MPG dial at all. 😉 just saying…

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter