Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Activate Fans

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Activate Fans
IHVOCD
Post Activate Fans
on: December 9, 2015 (GMT)

I have a 2004 SVT Cobra and was wanting to activate my low and high speed fan settings so I can test them to make sure they are working. Is there a way to do this with the Torque Pro app?
Thanks Ryan

shadow11790
Post Re: Activate Fans
on: December 17, 2015 (GMT)

you need a bi-directional dongle to be able to do anything like this not just a little bluetooth adapter. These are usually specific to a scanner such as snapon, mac or matco the bluetooth adapters are meant to read data not write data which is what you would need to do inorder to command fans on and off as far as i know there is no way to do it.

Best bet is to just run the car and see if fans kick on or turn your AC on as that will kick your fans on as well

ddivine01
Post Re: Activate Fans
on: October 12, 2017 (GMT)

Hello all
Perhaps I’m being rather simple minded here, but why would the bluetooth comm adapter not be able to do this, all it needs to do is send a command to the appropriate controller to turn a given function on or off wouldn’t it, its not like we are actually sending actuation current or voltage to any components just comm signals to the appropriate control module for a given system????
What am I missing?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter