Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » (Latest) Update (25/11/15)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (Latest) Update (25/11/15)
McDdd
Post (Latest) Update (25/11/15)
on: November 27, 2015 (GMT)

First, I must say, the part of the description about the most recent update (25/11) on Google Play, “Significantly improved web uploads” most certainly is accurate. Because I don’t use a data connection and always upload with WiFi, it used to be a real nuisance trying to get trips uploaded –sometimes took forever and didn’t always complete. I lost several due to associated complications. So, that’s a big fix – much better – and thank you very much.

I’m afraid, however, there’s another side of this update coin which might be equally disappointing: I can no longer send trip files, neither through Map View, nor as logs from Realtime Information; neither by Bluetooth, nor by e-mail. The strange thing is, it was working fine last night after the update – I sent several files by Bluetooth without any problem (Well, as far as Bluetooth ever works without a problem, which is not very well for me.) – but this morning: no dice, not a sausage; couldn’t get Bluetooth to work at all; it just showed a dialog box to accept the transfer and then stopped transferring (as it often does). After three or four attempts, which is par for the course, Torque stopped even trying to initiate a transfer and went straight back to the dashboard as soon as Bluetooth was selected as the means of transfer. So I had a go at e-mail: ZIP files of a couple hundred KB are produced which extract KML files of half a dozen or so MB. Google Earth can open them OK, and they do show the whole route with arrows, but that’s all the information they contain; when I click an arrow it pops up a big, white, blank box where there were the results of twenty or so PIDs before???

I had thought uninstalling and re-installing might be the answer. I’m not very good with smartphones or Android. This is the first smartphone I’ve ever had. I got it a couple of months ago, specifically to run Torque. (And I’m glad I did – not disappointed!) When I got to the uninstall bit it said, “This app and any associated widgets will be uninstalled. Uninstall?” And I thought it might be better not to. For a start, I don’t know how to re-install it (but that shouldn’t be too difficult to work out). The important thing is, I’ve got dozens of trip files I still haven’t got around to transferring yet and I don’t want to lose them. I’ve tried transferring them now, but get the same result as I’ve had trying to transfer the most recent files, i.e. failure: Bluetooth doesn’t even start to work, just returns to the main screen as soon as it’s selected without even asking which device I’d like to transfer to, and e-mails produce (unzipped) files of about half a dozen or so MB.

I’m using an LG40 phone. Any ideas what might be going on?

McDdd
Post Re: (Latest) Update (25/11/15)

I’ve just had a thought: maybe I should clear the list of PIDs in ‘Select what to log’ under Data Logging & Upload, Settings and then reinstate them? Is there any obvious reason why that should or shouldn’t work? (Not doing it tonight, though – too late already, too tired.)

poyz

This latest update broke my custom PIDs. I’ve had to go back to a previous version.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

There have been no changes to the PID handling part of the app in the last 4 updates so they should be working as before. With little other information to go on for this report (like /how/ they are broke, what your connection is, vehicle, adapter, etc), I can’t help much further

There was an issue with sending trips via email/etc from the map views and logfiles, but that was fixed about 2 months ago after some users pointed it out – I’ve tested this and it’s still working so make sure you’re connected to the internet(etc) when you’re trying to send the file as it could be that it can’t send anything because there’s no connectivity

How many PIDs are you logging? It’s possible that one of the logs may contain invalid data and that could cause an issue that I haven’t seen yet (can you temporarily enable debugging in the main ‘general settings’ part of the app, go to the realtime information screen, press menu>send debugging info (type your forum name into the popup) and press send whilst connected to the internet. I’ll have a look here and see if I can see any reason why it wouldn’t send

I suspect it’s invalid data somewhere in the logfile, so earlier logfiles may work, but you may have a paticular logfile that’s “borked” somehow (it could be corrupt, or there could be something weird from one of the PIDs you’re logging)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter